Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 25 October 2020

Sleep, smiles and stressful times

Sunday 25th October 2020
It's the will not the skill. 



Woke up to the sound of moms voice, looked at my clock and it was 4 something, but I felt like I'd had good sleep.  It wasn't until I'd made her a drink and we'd settled that I looked at the clock that doesn't turn itself back and realise that it wouldn't been an hour later had it not been for the clocks going back, so I've had 7 hours 45 minutes sleep - woo hoo, this is how I felt when I realised that; 


Laughter really is the best medicine, I've just seen a couple of dementia / caregiver humour posts and properly chuckled to myself, it helps knowing that others get it and unless you're a caregiver you probably wouldn't smile at them.  

These two properly made me chuckle. 



Guess who's drawing a line again 😂 I'm gonna blame Tina and Lucy for building me chocolate and a bacon baguette, I'm extremely grateful to them also though because they were delicious.  I'll be better today as I can't get out to get anything, because going to the supermarket for a caregiver is like a mini vacation and that's not in the plan right now.  I need to ask my sister to get me a loaf though!  I must owe her hundreds of pounds for all the loaves and bits and bobs she gets me! 

It was lovely to see my Carol stood outside my venue yesterday waiting for me, we thought she had to self isolate because someone in her grand daughters class had been diagnosed with Covid and she'd been with her the previous Saturday but get this, the kid has to isolate but her mom doesn't!  I don't get that at all, so if the mom didn't, then Carol didn't and she was a welcome site.  

I then got home to find out, signing up and saving all the customers I've signed up in a month has meant I hit the Christmas incentive with UW so I haven't got to worry about getting a turkey this year, it's coming for free along with some other goodies.  See that's the bonus of a business that doesn't do the big, expensive advertising campaigns they can pass those savings onto their customers by making their services cheaper and also to the people who work for them.   Don't forget I can save you money too and it'll only take 20-30 minutes, just get in touch for an appointment and if I can't help you or you decide you're not interested that's absolutely okay too, nothing worse than being hassled! 

I've got lamb for dinner again today, chops this time, I've just realised I'm becoming a creature of habit, that's the third week on the trot I've had lamb, there was a time where I didn't want to eat the same things, always looking for something different.  I'm obsessed by eggs on toast again too at the minute, they are just the best breakfast in the world ever! 

I get exciting for food don't I and I'm really excited for the coming week because Marlie's menu is doing Chicken Tikka Masala and she's sent me the ingredients to point it which I'm going to do in a bit and I'll blog tomo, she's also going to do a special WW discount for my Happy Owls that haven't tried her amazing food yet.  That's my weekend sorted next week, it'll be my pay day treat! 

2020 is certainly challenging us all so if we can find glimpses of pleasure, I say do it, I will continue to try and eat healthy and if I can lose weight great, if I can maintain that's brilliant, there's so much going on that's causing myself and people I know to be extremely emotional so it's supporting each other and surviving the rest of the year.  I've got 2 countdowns going on but the one I'll share with you is Christmas day and that's 60 days away!  

The next 40 days can't go quick enough for me, so I'm going to be kind to myself and get through it, oh and look forward to my takeaway at home next weekend from Marlies.  Right I'm off to point the menu nom nom, Then I'll make some eggs and another mug of tea.  

Here's to enjoying Sunday at a slow pace, I'll see some of you at half 9 for the virtual workshop, look forward to that xx 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx




No comments: