Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 October 2020

Gotta love an affirmation!

Friday 23rd October 2020
Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. 



I've had just shy of 6 hours sleep which is enough, but what is better is I've woke up and I'm well, why am I saying this?  Because a beautiful soul won't ever wake again, I found out yesterday that a friend had passed away, much too young and leaving behind a young family, so sad.  It does put everything into perspective, yes it's a crappy year but if we come out of it alive and fatter - we can do something about the latter and we can get another job if like my other friend you lose yours, that was another conversation I had yesterday.  Too sad that people are losing their jobs, especially when they were ones they enjoyed doing, we're living in tough times and we've got to be flexible in our approach to how we earn our living.  I've certainly learned that the last couple of months.  Who'd have thought this time last year that I'd have  a second job, 16 years December I became a coach, but it is what it is.  

I love helping people, that's what I believe my purpose on this earth is, to help others in whatever way I can, from losing weight, to helping them feel great about themselves, to raising money for charity or collecting food for the food bank and now helping people save money on the bills they have to pay each month and also possibly to help those struggling to earn enough to pay those bills and have a little left to earn a living, yeah, I'm going to get my mate doing this new work that I'm doing, if you know anyone who needs help in either saving or earning a living, give them my details and my number 07739 968 678 https://www.facebook.com/BevUtilityWarehouse

So how did my diet go?  Mmm, not great I'm not gonna lie because on top of all that news from my friends, I have some stuff going on here too that I'm not allowed to talk about, then there's mom, but she had a good day yesterday, she slept most of it to be fair, the drugs are dulling the pain but the side effect is sleeping. 

Actually it wasn't horrendous, I had fruit, eggs on toast for brekkie, steak for dinner and some ww crackers with cheese spread and fish sticks for tea, there was wine too but there's some left in the bottle so that could've been worse!

I think the one thing we all guaranteed this year is change, change actually is guaranteed constantly isn't it, but this year more so and pretty inevitable, it's how we cope with that change that matters!  When we join WW to lose weight, we want change, it's important to remember though that we cannot become what we want by remaining where we are!  Make those changes might be difficult at first, it could get messy in the middle but it'll be gorgeous in the end.  But remember to make lots of small changes over time and you'll end up with a fantastic result.  Keep going and don't stop until you are where you want to be. 

I was reminded last night of the importance of affirmations, I have a section on my website with affirmation cards, you can click for a new card, go have a play. 
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts.  When you repeat them often, with confidence, they have the ability to program your mind into believing the stated concept.  This is because the mind doesn't know the difference between what is real or what is fantasy.  There are lots of articles on the internet about them, google making affirmations. 

To help you decide what yours is and to make it more effective and powerful read a few articles, I've been using them for over a decade, I mention them in this blog from 2010 https://wwbevsworld.blogspot.com/2010/06/you-talking-to-me.html  and here's a copy of  leaflet that I handed out back then; 

The Top 10 Tips to Begin the Practice of Positive Affirmations

Positive Affirmations are things we say to ourselves that build us up and make us strong. They empower us to take chances and to be our best. Thoughts run through our mind thousands of times a day and are often negative. Making positive affirmations a daily practice gives you a powerful tool to strengthen your inner foundation and follow your bliss.

Get over feeling funny.
- Doing something new takes practice and because it is unfamiliar it might feel funny at first.
- Get over it. So often, it doesn't feel funny to talk negatively to ourselves, but praise feels awkward. Just do it and don't worry if it feels funny. In time, you will feel less and less awkward.

Begin your affirmation with "I."
- The more you personalize what you say the more it will hit home and stick.

Put your affirmation in the present tense.
- Keeping the statement in the present will give it more power. Avoid can, will, could or should in your statements.

Make it short and sweet.
- Make the affirmation meaningful to you. If affirmations are too long, you may find it cumbersome or difficult to say on a regular basis. Longer affirmations work well during meditative moments.

Practice.
- Teaching our inner voice to speak well to us takes some practice. For most people it is an under developed muscle. Practice and your affirming voice will become stronger.

Clear vision.
- Hold a clear vision of what is possible for you in your life. Picture yourself absorbing the positive affirmations as they become a part of you.

Write it down.
- Writing down the positive affirmations helps your mind remember the new statements.

Repeat them often.
- Repetition facilitates learning. The more often you say positive affirmations the more they become a part of you.

Make them fun.
- Enjoy yourself with them. Laugh and hold out a sense of lightness.

Remember to be gentle.
- Remember that the more you nourish and cherish yourself the better able you are to live a life you love. Be patient and loving as you learn something new.

Here are a few affirmations to start with:

I love myself.
I have a beautiful figure.
I listen with love to my body’s message.
I deserve the best and I accept the best now.
I can see the me I want to be.
I am slim, trim, and lead a healthy lifestyle.
I know that I count and I act as if I do.
The quality of my life depends only on me.
I am powerful and I love it.

They work, V this ones for you, I know you love a good old affirmation, remember you are priceless, capable and needed! 

We all need to remind ourselves that no one is us and that's our biggest asset, here's to all of us changing the way we think to get the results we want.  

What's the biggest room in your house?  I'll put the answer at the end of the blog!

Here's to a great day, if you're doing fab - woo hoo, keep going, if you're struggling - keep going!  

Luv you, mwah 


Love me 


Biggest room in your house?  It's the room for improvement xx

No comments: