Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 26 October 2020

Just for today...

Monday 26th October 2020
You don't have to be happy or feel positive all the time. You're human not a robot!


If I or someone you really cared for asked you if you could spare them half hour today to help them with something really important and it has to be done today, would you find them half hour?

Most of you would, most of us will find the time to help others but rarely find the time to help ourselves.  A quick chat I had after my virtual workshop yesterday reinforced that, it's not that we don't want to take care of ourselves, it's more that so many of us are so busy working, looking after others, doing stuff that needs doing that we're too tired to take care of ourselves after all that is done.  

That quote about says it all really doesn't it!  I'm going to focus on one day at a time 

SELF CARE IS GIVING THE WORLD THE BEST OF YOU 
INSTEAD OF WHAT'S LEFT OF YOU.

the universe has sent me similar messages a few times over the last couple of weeks and I think I'm ready to listen!

The sleep I'm getting isn't as much as I'd like but it's also poor quality, disrupted and disturbed, full of crazy dreams and this I know isn't helping me throughout the day - but neither is drinking too much wine and not eating a great diet.  

Yes, it's been a rubbish year, yes it's been stressful in so many ways, yes the next few weeks are going to be difficult again because of stuff that's going on, but I know I would handle it all so much better if I found some time, actually not find time - make time for a bit of self-care. 

I want to give the world the best of me not what's left of me! Hell I want to give myself the best of me, I've had enough of coping on what's left of me.  

It's obviously not helping that I'm juggling two jobs at the moment but like so many out there, I have to pay my bills and times have changed thanks to Covid! 

I know have a diary that I book appointments in round my workshops, my plan is to black out time for self care also and that includes things as simple as cooking a healthy meal.  

My pay day treat this week is going to be having a Marlie's Menu delivery, I haven't eaten out since January and I was gutted the other week when I realised I had missed her chicken tikka masala.  I'm not gonna lie, I'd stopped having them for a bit because I was worried about money but I've realised I'm spending more than the cost of her meals on eating crap and drinking too much wine!  I've decided I'm going to cut down on that so I have something to look forward to over the weekend when I can't be bothered to eat healthy or cook properly.  I'm going to put it all out on a tray in posh dishes and make it an experience and enjoy it. 


I mean look at that chicken, I blinking love Chicken Tikka Masala but if  you have a typical restaurant meal on the WW app is 83SP ouch!  Marlie's isn't as scary!  

This is her menu for this week; 


Halloween special! Chicken Tikka Masala is usually the scariest thing on the menu for a WWer but Marlie’s has made it taste amazing for a fraction of the points 14SP blue/purple (that’s epic!) or 17SP on green. This is my payday treat for the weekend! The veggie jalfrezi is 6SP blue/purple or 10SP on green. The Sri Lankan lushness is a little higher at 19sp blue/purple or 21SP on green, The goat is 8SP (her signature dish) and can be mild or hot.

Marlie's Menu
I want one of everything, not much to look forward to this year but good food mmmmmm plus I can work it all into a healthy week.

If you're not on Facebook her number is; +44 7763 866941 or email marlies_menu@yahoo.com




Now I need to make myself be healthy today, I have a zoom at 9.30 with my boss, dentist at 1.30 with mom, a UW appointment at 4.30 and a zoom training session for 2 hours at 6.30, oh and today should really be my day off, those days are gone! Thankfully it's not even 6am yet, so I will go in the kitchen after finishing this blog and plan my meals for today, I'm defrosting a Marlie's goat curry that's been in my freezer for a month or so, I'll have that for my main meal with some rice and white cabbage (trust me cabbage with curry works).

I'm going to have scrambled eggs and tomatoes on toast for breakfast, will check what's available for lunch and I'm going to have a wine free day!

I want to stop giving the world what's left of me, how about you? What do you want?
- I will be thankful.
- I will focus on one thing at a time.
- I will take time for myself.
- I will accept who I am right now.
- I will not give up.
- I will be nice to myself.
- I will accept my feelings.
- I will celebrate each step forward.
- I will not give up.

Hopefully you're with me, that half hour I asked if you could spare to help me, can you use it to help yourself please.

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx



No comments: