Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 31 October 2020

Last day of the month!

 31st October 2020
The most powerful person in your life is sat reading this!


Halloween, the day of the year we close our curtains and ignore the door lol, never been a fan of the knocking the door, it's not so bad if I'm in but when I'm at work with mom it's always concerned me.  I love that the kids get to dress up and have fun but it can be done without knocking strangers doors and to be fair it's usually teenagers wanting money that knock our door!   

I worked yesterday morning then decided to take the rest of the day off, I picked up my crochet for the first time in a long time, and enjoyed zoning out and relaxing with mom.  The district nurse came later in the day and we can definitely now confirm it's infected, she's swabbed it again but by the smell there isn't any doubt, she bathed it and redressed it and my poor mom is in so much pain, its just not good at all.  

Focusing on the positive thought, look at this feast I had this delicious platter!



The masala and rice was from Marlie's Menu I use these Pataks pappadums and microwaved them, was really impressed and I did the onions and mint sauce myself, it was like having a real restaurant meal in my living room, loved it.  All for under a tenner with the extras, bargain and I didn't have to get dressed up and go out. 

Thanks to Marlies and my payday treats, I've not got to cook this weekend at all, I've got the Sri Lankan chicken and the veggie Jalfrezi to look forward too, if I'd looked these myself, I'd have huge portions so it's helping my diet too by stopping me eating a meal that's meant for 4 to myself! 

Yay the Mandalorian is back on Apple TV!  I got it for free for a year when I had my phone and they sent me a message the other day to say they were extending the free until February = result!  I love a bit of Yoda me. 

I've got a quiet weekend planned, although I do need to get some work done or I won't be able to eat next month let alone have a pay day treat lol, watching Eat Well for Less on the tele reminds me to try cheaper brands, swapping to a cheaper bread could save them over £80 a year and they didn't recognise their own bread!  I've just checked and switched mine and I usually pay 85p for a 400g loaf, I can have the own brand for 50p!  I'll be trying that.  

Anyway, I'm gonna go get ready for my workshop, here's to a lovely day, enjoy Halloween if you celebrate, hopefully you won't come across too many witches like me lol. 

Just for today, forget about all the problems in the world, try to forget about the problems in your world, focus on the positives, the good stuff.  For me, this morning I'm grateful for a roof over my head, for a half decent nights sleep, for a fridge full of food and for my central heating system!  Oh and now I'm going to be grateful for having the time to have a second mug of tea, the reward for being awake since 4am!  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: