Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 January 2019

Curry is the best

Thursday 31st January 2019

You're a fighter, look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now! Thursday and it's forecast snow - boo!  Thankfully not until tonight so hopefully it won't stop my members turning up to their workshops and I'll have a busy day.  I had a busy day yesterday running round doing errands, took my brother to the doctors, took Alfie to be groomed, I actually stopped whilst he was done, that was an experience, he's not a fan, yet she told me he was good compared to some!  Not a future career for sure, I couldn't do that. I did manage to cook though, I made a big pan of stew and with the leftover beef I decided yet again to try and make a beef curry, I used a jar of sauce I'm not going to lie and I put it in the oven on low as I wanted the beef to go sort, then I went to work and forgot to turn the oven off.  Thankfully it was on the lowest setting but oh my days when I got back, it was perfection, the tastiest beef curry nom nom using Patak's Saag masala (11SP for the jar). 

I'm saving it for tonight, because luckily for me, the lovely Harj had bought me some of their leftover cabbage curry - I kid you not, that woman can make anything edible, white cabbage, potatoes and peas in there, it was lush.

As ever Harj uses the same base for all her curries and add in whatever ingredients she has to hand;

Harjit’s Chicken Curry 

Serves around 6-7.


3 teaspoons Olive Oil (5SP)

4 Onions, chopped

1-2 teaspoons Salt 

3 blocks frozen Garlic, (Asda sell already frozen blocks),

2 blocks Ginger 

3 Green Chilli, (add more if you like it spicy, less if you don’t like heat)

2 teaspoons Jeera (Cumin Seeds), 

1 ½ teaspoons Haldi (Turmeric), 

½ large can Tomatoes (Blended) or ¼ carton passata, 

500g chicken breast 

1 teaspoon Garam Masala, Fresh Coriander (Optional)


1. Heat oil in saucepan and add chopped onions & salt.

2. After 5-10 mins add garlic, ginger, chilli & jeera (cumin seeds)

3. Cook for around 20 mins if onions start sticking to the pan add water.

4. Once onions are browned and softened add 1-2 teaspoons of Haldi (Turmeric), cook for around 10 mins until the colouring separates from the onions.

5. Once the above has cooked add half a tin of tomatoes and cook for around 5-10 mins.

6. When tomatoes have blended in with the onions add chicken, cook chicken for about 10 mins and then add boiled water and simmer until water has thickened and chicken is tender.

7. Once chicken has cooked add garam masala and stir and garnish with fresh coriander.

8. Serve 

still haven't got round to trying it but I really must, maybe that can be my weekend project, check I have the ingredients and if not add it to my list.  I have a new spice holder so I could make it the Harj curry pot and then it'd be ready for making anytime I fancied.  Yeah sounds like a plan. 

I had a lazy lunch earlier in the day because of all the rushing about and also because I needed to use what was in the fridge and microwave mash was one of those things, I had half the pack with some cheese grated and grilled on top, served with home made baked beans. 

Crawling back on track, Friday can be the new Monday and February can be the new January, if you've survived January on track and in control - well done you, keep it going.  If you haven't, well here's to changing that, we have 28 day's coming up, how many of those days do you plan to stay on track. 
 

If you make sure your app is updated today, you should notice Wellness Wins, which is a great reason to start tracking and earning those wins.  

Here's to making the last day of January a good practice run for February, you don't have to be 100% on it, as long as you're doing your best and not giving up.  

A great find by one of my members if you like thins are the ones in Sainsbury's at 2SP per thin, 
Right my work here is done, I'm off to get ready for work, have a very great day, 

Stay BeYOUtiful. 


'------'
(O,O)
/)__)
   ""



No comments: