Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 1 August 2018

First of the month, but day 3 for me

1st August 2018
You don’t have to be anything more than the whole BeYOUtiful being that you are.





Day 2 was so much easier than day 1 thankfully, my mind already feels like I can do the 28 days, 26 now. I even stayed on track when I poured myself a glass of wine then didn’t put it down on the side properly and it fell and smashed all over the floor and walk in the living room!

 

The chicken breasts I took out of the freezer turned out to be chicken mince with some seasoning in it of which I’ll never know and it made for quite bland patties but my savoury rice rocked. My tea was epic too, the peppers I’d put in to roast for lunch so I could have stuffed peppers weren’t cooked when everything else was so I sliced them up and had them for tea with salmon in with WW balsamic dressing and some protein noodles which were 5SP same as ordinary noodles but more expensive and no tastier so won’t bother with them again. Breakfast has been poached eggs on toast. 


 
Have my food shop now too so will probably have leek and bacon risotto today, found the recipe in this month’s magazine then stir fry maybe for tea, although it’s a bit late to be cooking after a busy so will look what other options I have.   Maybe I’ll make a cold potato salad, one of my lovely members bought me some that her husband had grown, I’ll have a think.
Loved, loved, loved yesterday’s meetings, all agreeing to survive holidays and be as healthy as possible throughout the summer whilst coming up with meal ideas for each other to enjoy.

I put getting me a walk with Alfie, nice and cool at the moment, although I’m miffed he didn’t let me drink my cuppa as it tasted good and I’m not drinking so many lately as they aren’t having the desired effect, oh and the skimmed milk in them soon adds up in points. Plenty of water, the zero free stuff from the tap is what I’m enjoying more of.

Moving more, love of loath it, it’s something we all know is good for us and helps us to get healthier. I don’t mind a good walk at all, although that’s not what I’m doing with Alfie, we do a lot of standing! Maybe I need to make time to just so 20 minutes a day, I feel like I shouldn’t be going out and leaving mom on her own again but that’s more about me than her I reckon and maybe it’s an excuse too! It’s also not the same as a nice walk up a hillside but needs must I guess and my knee is knackered whether I walk or not.

I’m going to leave you with this gem of a thought, I thought about it yesterday when I was in the garden and moved a hanging basket to find it had made my acer tree change it’s growth direction by being in the way.  I can’t take credit for it, and it’s stolen with pride, it’s the writing of a chap named Ram Dass, wise old dude.

When you go into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees.  And some of them are bent and some of them are straight.  Some of them are evergreens and some of them are whatever.  And you look at the tree and you allow it.  You see why it is the way it is.  You understand that it didn’t get enough light and so it turned that way.  And you don’t get emotional about it.  You just allow it.  You appreciate the tree. 

The minute you get near humans you lose all that.  And you are constantly saying: “You’re too this, or I’m too this.”  That judging mind comes in.  So practice turning people into trees.  Which means appreciating them just the way they are.

Here’s to making August an awesome month, day 3 for me, a few members said yesterday they couldn’t do it because they had a holiday or something on in between, yeah they can and yeah you can, you just add the extra days on at the end and the truth is, once we’ve done 28 days, the next 28 day’s will be so much easier.  Remember it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for friends and family and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.   By Christmas everyone will have noticed and you will be feeling absolutely fantastic!

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day.


No comments: