Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 August 2018

Bank Holiday slow day

27th August 2018
There are so many BeYOUtiful reasons to be happy.


Yesterday would have been the last day of my 28 days of eating well, I didn’t manage it for the last few days though if I’m honest which is why I’ve gained a pound.  I’m still 5lb lighter than I was a month ago which is why I’ll be drawing a line this morning and getting my healthy back because creating healthy habits for life doesn’t just happen, it takes continuous work. Blips will happen, a healthy life is all about balance and how you handle those blips.  I’m choosing to start today with a positive mind and a clean, flesh page in my tracker, it’ll start with a cooked breakfast of eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms and a lo-dough maybe.  I’m thinking chicken dinner possibly, lots of veggies to fill me up and stop me being tempted to pick at stuff.  Or maybe a big bowl of pasta, mmm we’ll see how I feel later.

Highlights of my day yesterday weren’t food, they included listening to my mom proper belly laugh at a silly film we were watching on the tv, although I did enjoy the steak and chips I ate, I didn’t eat bad food, I just ate too much food, I won’t do that today.

Today is more about recharging than anything else, that’s been the theme of the week, it’s a shame more people don’t recharge themselves as much as they recharge their phones!  Yep I’m not able to have holidays so instead I do the things I’d do on holiday at home (basically chill out and ignore the world), I’ve enjoyed a couple of early nights, even if I don’t go straight to sleep, I’m giving myself time out to just lie down and stop thinking.

It’s getting cooler, time to start making soups and stews and I have to say this one does look tasty, there’s only the curry powder or paste that you’d need to point. 

Indian Butternut and Lentil Stew
Serves 3

1 onion
3-4 tablespoons of mild curry powder OR 3-4 tablespoons of curry paste,
1/2 large butternut squash
200g / 1 1/2 cups of red lentils
750ml / 3 cups of water or vegetable stock
2 large handfuls of spinach
Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger, 1 teaspoon turmeric

Instructions
1.    Heat some oil in a large pan over a medium low heat.
2.    Finely chop the onion and add to the pan along with the curry powder or paste and ginger and turmeric if using. Fry for a few minutes taking care to not let it burn.
3.    Peel and de-seed the squash and chop into small cubes, then add to the pan.
4.    Rinse the lentils well in a sieve and add to the pan along with the water or vegetable stock.
5.    Simmer the stew on a medium heat with the lid on the pan for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent the lentils sticking to the bottom.
6.    The stew is done when the lentils have broken down and the squash is soft.
7.    Turn off the heat and add the spinach, stirring through until it wilts into the stew.
8.    Serve.
Notes
  1. Serves 2 very generously or 3 - 4 more moderately
  2. Add more water or stock as needed if you prefer it a less thick texture


Mom’s awake, time to get moving, here’s to enjoying Bank Holiday Monday, relaxing and having a very great day, looking for the smile moments and focussing on creating those healthy habits for life. 


No comments: