Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 4 August 2018

Weekend Flex!


4th August 2018
When life shuts a door… open it again.  It’s a door.  That’s how they work!


Survived another healthy day - that means I’m starting day 6 or I have 22 days of eating healthy left.  Although I’ve just read it takes 21 days to create a habit, 90 days to create a lifestyle.  We all know it’s not that easy as the 21 day rule, if only, but 90 days is a little more realistic to creating that eating healthy being your norm.  How many weeks is that?  It’s a day shy of 13 weeks, which ties in nicely with the 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice (4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for friends and family to notice, 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. It takes just one day to decide that you are worth the effort).  I’m almost at the end of week 1, just 2 little days to get through and I made it.  I’m going to run out of weeklies but this is about healthy for me not losing loads of weight, if I lose some weight – happy days, I’m not going to complain but it’s not my primary goal initially.

I’ve got my journal which is helping to keep me focused as I see the numbers add up, I feel motivated and motivation is what you need to get you started, it’s not necessarily motivation that’ll keep you going, that’s down to creating new habits and routines and remembering why you started.  I know it’s going to be a slow process but I’ll remind myself that quitting won’t speed it up.

Did you get up this morning and tell yourself “I can do this!”  If you didn’t it isn’t too late, just think a year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.  4 months left of 2018, I intend to eat healthy, stop making excuses and take care of me - what are your plans?

love my scales, there was enough potatoes there for two meals for me, there's £10 off them this week too, offer ends today so if you do want a set, let me know before 9.30!) 



Yesterday’s food, well I skipped breakfast, not intentionally, I meant to cook a couple of eggs but by the time I’d finished sorting mom and getting ready it had slipped my mind and I’d left for my lovely massage.  I made up for it, don’t worry, as soon as I got back just after 11, I ate 2 leftover chicken sausages. Lunch was chicken with Italian herbs, Mediterranean vegetables, new potatoes and corn on the cob for a mere 3SP. Then for dinner I had the spare toad in the hole left from yesterday, leftover new potatoes and cauliflower with a bit of gravy 10SP, cook once eat twice is a good idea for sure, there’s no way I’d have cooked at half seven last night, so this was a life saver.

Salmon today because I’ve defrosted it and I need to make sure I have something ready for later on so I don’t go off track eating something not so healthy, especially after a couple of glasses of my grape juice!

Looking forward to my meeting this morning, catching up with the Saturday gang. I've had a seriously busy week in my meetings this week, I've already had more members than last week and I still have a meeting to do, which shows they're coming back straight after their holidays not putting it off!  It's important to get to your meetings, 168 hours in a week and I'm asking for 1 of them, so that you can focus on yourself, heck if you're really, really busy it can be 30 minutes if you get weighed just before I start my talk.  Make time for what's important to you, and trust me nothings more important than your health, you know it makes sense.

I have to say members never cease to make me smile and one made me proper belly laugh on Thursday night, bearing in mind it was the very end of a 12 hour day so that wasn’t going to be easy to do.  It was a returning member who hadn’t been for a couple of years so we were going through the plan together at the end of the meeting.  I asked if she did Facebook and her reply was priceless, “Oh yes but I blocked you, you were getting on my nerves!  All those healthy photos.”  Epic response and I love honesty like that, thankfully now she’s ready for joining us with the healthy, has joined my group and I do believe I’ve seen a couple of those healthy photos being posted too.  You know what though, she’s so right, there is nothing worse that someone on it when you’re not, and it’s a constant reminder and who wants that.

My favourite https://www.shareyourflex.com/ photo so far is Michelle's, it's real and honest and screams "I'm getting healthy!" What can you put on yours?

Right I need to get a wriggle on, the sun needs to come back and the clouds need to go away, I want some garden time with my mom who was really good yesterday, she even ate the chicken dinner. 

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day.





No comments: