Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 14 August 2018

For the love of sleep...


14th August 2018
It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.



Well yesterday wasn’t a great day but I was mindful of what I was doing and didn’t go into sod it mode.  I don’t function without sleep and my body and mind wasn’t loving moving at all.  I managed two dog walks but had no enthusiasm for anything, I just sat round all day waiting for bedtime.  Thankfully mom improved as the day went on and we’ve both had a quiet night, either that or I’ve slept so heavy I didn’t hear her.

Foodwise yesterday, not the best, had cottage cheese and crackers for breakfast, at least the crackers have gone now.  I did stuffed mushrooms for me but no effort put in, I just put protein cheese and a bit of chorizo on the top, then made mushroom soup with the rest of them, which mom managed a bowl of.  It looked gross, a bowl of grey, but tasted okay.

The thing is, staying on track when you’re in the zone is easy, keeping it together when you’re thrown a curve ball, not so easy and getting back on track after you’ve gone so far off track is just the hardest thing!  This is why I may not have been great yesterday but that was down to lack of energy and effort not will, I still want to do this, I still want to eat well and lose some weight, my knee is begging me too.

I was tired so found myself craving carbs yesterday, that’s what’s been going on the last couple of days to be honest, I love bread and my body or brain had noticed it had been removed so I was cracking it.  It’s my go to tired food, yet it actually probably makes me feel even more tired if I eat it!   

I’m on day 16 of my 28 day challenge and I’m going to have a very great day,  
I’ll make eggs this morning for breakfast.  I’m going to make a lasagne for dinner with fresh pasta sheets, it won’t be low in smart points but it will have lots of veggies in and be healthy, I’ll use protein cheese to keep the points down, I’m thinking it won’t be your typical lasagne but it’ll taste good, that’s all that matters.  This is the recipe that made me buy the pasta http://www.dinner4tonight.com/honeycomb-lasagne.html so I’m thinking something like this.  No white sauce to point, just mince, pasta and tomato sauce topped with cheese, I likes this idea.

I’m going to cook some chicken breasts in the oven at the same time so I have cooked chicken in the fridge, will hard boil some eggs too as a go to snack.  Yeah, I’m even going to chop some carrots up for crunching on.  I will eat well for 28 days even if it is difficult to resist temptation.  Watching mom makes me realise even more how important it is to take care of our bodies, no one’s coming to save us remember!

Here’s to a day on track and within points, I want my silver seven, my first half stone, I’m aiming to get into that next stone bracket and as of yesterday that’s 4.5lb away, some time in September is realistic to achieving that.

Oh yeah I’m all over this, hope you are too BeYOUtiful…

No comments: