11th August 2018
If you want to change the world, go home and love your family. Mother Teresa
Day 13 of my 28 days of eating healthy, I’m happy with the results so far, mom and I spent a lovely afternoon and evening together yesterday, I had an early night a good sleep and now I’m ready for my Saturday morning meeting and my awesome members.
Yeah I’m liking how I’m feeling, be interesting to see what the scales say Monday morning but regardless of what they say, I feel back in control, I’ve re found my love of food, although I kept it simple yesterday, I’ll get a little creative today though, I’m thinking stuffed mushrooms with chicken something.
Yesterday I nipped to Lidl’s on my way back from my massage and ended up with Brains Faggots (2 for 5SP) we had those for dinner with a few potatoes (3SP), corn and cabbage. Then later because I wasn’t really hungry but fancied something I had a Walkers cheese and onion crisp sandwich for my tea, worth every one of the 8SP it cost me. I know I’m in control when I can have these crisps in the house and resist them, we’ve had them in mom’s crisp drawer for two weeks almost now. It feels good to be back in control, long may it continue.
I need my protein cheese hamper to arrive, I want to make a quiche with the smoked cheese and use it in an orzo salad with beans and pulses and lots of salad and I want the sprinkle cheese to put on top of everything to be honest! Might need to fit in a cheese and potato pie at some point too with Baked Beans mmmm
(https://www.eatleancheese.co.uk/ use BEVERLEY10 code to get you 10% discount or anything you order)
I fancy these especially as they’d be virtually zero, just point the ham, but you could use Smoked Protein chunks and chicken or any zero ingredients you fancy to be fair and keep those points to a minimum.
High Protein Snacking Muffins
Eatlean protein cheese shaker pot (Natural or Smoked)
Salt & Pepper
1. In a large bowl, crack all 12 eggs and whisk up gently
2. Add the ham, tomatoes, peppers, parsley, mushrooms and #proteincheese
3. Mix together well
4. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases on a greased muffin tray
5. Pop into the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes
6. Allow to cool completely, and then enjoy, refrigerate or freeze!
How about a vegi burger!Smoked protein cheese veggie burger
Eatlean Smoked #ProteinCheese
1x Can of chickpeas
1.5 tsp Smoked paprika
1tsp Coriander leaf
0.5 tsp Cayenne pepper
Half a jar of roasted red peppers
Flour for dusting
Juice of half a lemon
1. In a bowl, add the chickpeas, spices & coriander leaf and then pulse in a blender to combine
2. To the mixture add the chopped red peppers, fresh coriander, egg and smoked #proteincheese
3. Mix together well until all the ingredients are combined
4. Flour a board, and shape the mixture into even shaped patties, dusting the outside
5. Add the patties to a frying pan with a little olive oil, and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, turning regularly
6. Serve in a bun...or bun-less with salad, relish and melted smoked #proteincheese!
I bet my delivery don’t come till next week, it’d be great if it came today, I could’ve experimented over the weekend, same with the Lodough delivery, I was hoping that would come yesterday but it didn’t – boo.
Anyway, I need to feed before work, I’m thinking eggs for obvious reasons, why waste points on breakfast! Ooo cheesy scrambled eggs maybe, that’s quick and I can do in the microwave, need to shower first and it’s actually cool in this house this morning, first time in a while, mom had the heating on yesterday, I want the heat and sun back please.
Right I’m off to get stuff done, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day because the weekend is here!