Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 July 2018

27 days left


31st July 2018
Failure is a lesson learned.  Success is a lesson applied.
Day one in the bag!  I did it, I made it through, damn it’s tough.  So much food, so little time, but 3 meals are plenty and I wasn’t hungry at all, I even got to enjoy some wine.  I started with the intention of doing No Count then changed my mind when I realised Flex was still the better option, especially if I wanted to enjoy the good stuff.

This was my day;
Loaded mash potatoes (spring onions, green pepper & mushrooms) topped with dry fried eggs.  4SP using up yesterday’s leftovers & the dying veg in the kitchen.

Huge bowl of beef stew 8SP

Eggy bread, cheesy veg & WW tomato soup 6SP 
Total for food was 18SP, so even with the milk in the two cups of tea I had, there were points left to either roll over or indulge with a glass of red for me.

The truth is, I ate more variety yesterday than I have in a good while, I also got thinking about what to eat this week rather than just eating what was there.  Here’s a couple of new recipes I plan to try,
Leek and bacon risotto – page 66 WW mag and Baked curried beef & rice – page 71 WW mag.  I completed emptied my existing online shopping basket then refilled it with healthier stuff, I took the total down from £55 to £41, and got more food and of course healthier.  I’ve got the makings of a stir fry, some frozen peas to have with my potato waffles and eggs.
I’ve also bought some Weight Watcher yogurts for mom, she’ll enjoy them and they were on offer, might be tempted to indulge myself.   Today we’re having chicken breasts stuffed with St Agur blue cheese, you can do the same with low fat soft cheese, nice wrapped in ham of any kind.  I’m thinking on a bed of rice it’ll be delicious.  That is if what I’ve defrosted is chicken breasts anyway!  I’m sure they are, with the remaining stuff, I might have the stir fry for tea or put them in the slow cooker with the leftover sweet & sour sauce if it’s still edible.

I’ve decided I’m getting my cooking mojo back, focus on healthy and tasty, then I won’t want to eat the rubbish.  I’ve got my little herb garden going on, I’ll use some of those chives in my stuffed chicken today and maybe some coriander on my stir fry tonight. 

I didn’t just make it through my first day, I’ve started my monthlies this morning so I made it through an emotionally charged, body craving everything day, now even I’m impressed.   I also already feel better than I did yesterday, I know it’s likely to be psychologically but who cares, I got out of bed much easier this morning than yesterday, I feel more positive, ready for my day, my brain actually has something to say instead of me sitting here thinking ‘what shall I write’ which has happened a lot of late.  See the article in the Weight Watchers magazine was right, it said after 1 day = better concentration.  “Just 24 hours in, you might be feeling less hungry and better able to control unplanned snacking as you step off the blood-glucose roller-coaster caused by irregular eating and snacking on foods that are high in sugar.  Having a more stable blood-glucose level can also improve your ability to concentrate and give you more energy to power through a workout”

It was also great to see so many in my Facebook group wanting to join me on my 28 days to healthier, a month to make a difference and now we’re starting day 2, I’m thinking a countdown would probably work better than a count up, so 27 days to go.

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful, here’s to working on a healthy life and having a very great day.

No comments: