Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 5 July 2018

Thank you NHS


5th July 2018

Your health is priceless!





Short one today, running very, very late as my brother arrived as my “get up & get ready for work” alarm was about to go off and some things are more important than blogging!



It’s the NHS 70th Birthday today and I am overwhelmed by all the love and kindness give to our JustGiving page raising money for them and also to the Big70TeaParty’s we’ve had in my meeting this week, so far we’ve smashed the £1,000 I’d hoped for and I’m truly grateful to everyone.  I’m even more grateful to the NHS and all their staff for everything they do day in, day out.  We all use them at some point. 
The easiest way to donate is to text BAYF58 £1 or whatever value you want to send to 70070 or click the link and donate via this page.  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Moms80?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_default---fundraiser-page-donation-received---nth-donation&utm_content=3d7cc009-32db-4a38-be37-a964992f622f&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1530700226245

I had a letter from them yesterday to say that my cervical screening test came back normal so I’m okay for the next few years.  Again another service I’m thankful for.  Please, please, please go have your smear, no they’re not fun, no they’re not nice but they are necessary and so worth it.  I posted about it on my timeline and got an inbox message saying,



Thanks for the post about the cervical screening! You’ve probably see from my status’s that I’ve been in and out of hospital for a while and various complications. I went for my routine smear test, got called to the hospital for abnormal cells which didn’t worry me but then I got another call back and was told I had cervical cancer. I’ve had to have a full hysterectomy (thankfully I wasn’t too bothered about children so didn’t have to deal with that)... It’s been a rocky road and I’m told there was no cancer in what they took out so fingers crossed it’s done now. Unfortunately I can’t be vocal about the cancer on my Facebook as have younger relatives on there that don’t know, it’s been difficult not putting it out there as a warning!



So yes please make sure you do get checked!  Never put off a trip to the doctors if you think there might be something wrong, I know it’s difficult to get an appointment but better to wait a couple of weeks like I did for my knee to be told it’s good old arthritis than to leave it and find out it’s something more sinister at a later time!



Spend today, thinking about the things you are grateful for, starting with the NHS.  For me it’s also sitting at my desk listening to my brother talking to my mom and hearing her laughter.  It’s going to be a very busy, very great day BeYOUtiful, hope yours is too. xx

No comments: