Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 July 2018

Stay proud!


12th July 2018
The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s about what you’re made of, not the circumstances.



They didn’t win, does that mean they shouldn’t have bothered entering?  Course not, they made the semi-finals that’s awesome, not everyone can be the winner and good look to those in the final I say.  It’s the same for our weight loss journey’s, if we don’t win the first time we try to lose weight, then should we give in, does it mean we’re meant to be overweight for life?  No, it just means we have another go and we keep trying even if we never reach our goal weight, regardless.  Why? Because it’s better to be healthier whatever you weigh that continue to overeat and get healthier, remember to treat your body as if it is a temple, not a visitor’s centre!  One positive to us losing is we can all get back to losing weight, we won’t need to be celebrating whilst watching the final on Sunday.

I did my best yesterday, I was having stewing steak with onion gravy, but somewhere between the Co-op and my house I lost the onions I bought so instead I had a warm salad of chicken and bacon, new potatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, red pepper, spring onion and olives – it was delicious and only 6SP.  I basically used up all the bits from my fridge.



My tea wasn't as good, I had the leftover 100g of new potatoes on a sandwich!  Deep sigh, carb on carb!
 
Okay so I’m a little tired this morning because of the late night, that’ll be rectified by a bit of caffeine.  I do need to make sure I have food planned for when I get home tonight or it’ll all get ugly, I’ve got two nice looking burgers in the fridge, that might be an option or maybe I’ll remember to take that salmon out the freezer, actually I’ll go do it now – back in a minute!

Done it, when I put things off - I forget!  A bit like weight loss I guess, when you’re trying to find something to wear you think ‘that’s it, I’m going to get a grip and lose some weight so my clothes fit me better again’, then later when you’re back in your PJs in front of the tele watching the footy, it’s all forgotten!  Yep that was me last night, I’m not going to lie, but I’ll try again today.

I need to get planning a decent shopping list so I have food that’s healthy to make meals from that will help me lose weight.  It’s been a crazy but wonderful week and I’m in the process of getting back in the zone.  Today’s a new day, I will get back on track – you know even as I’m typing it, I don’t believe myself, I’m thinking about the sunshine, the weekend, coping with mom, all those temptations and situations that make it difficult.  I’m waiting for that ‘click’, that something that puts me in the right frame of mind to want to do it and do it well, the click that makes me feel I have something to prove!  Until it happens I’ll continue to fake it till I make it, restart each and every day, do what I can when I can and limit any further damage.  I appear to have maintenance sussed, just a stone higher than I’d actually like my weight to be!

Anyways, I’m off to get ready for work, to try and find something healthy to eat for breakfast.  I do solemnly promise not to buy anything that isn’t healthy from the supermarket for the rest of the month, I’m not promising not to eat what I already have in the freezer if it’s not the best.  I’d like to get emptying the freezer again, work my way through it, save a few pennies after my extravagant spending over the weekend.
I hope you’re in a better healthy weight loss mindset than me and if you’re not at least you’re in the best company and we can struggle on together.  Here’s to staying proud of our football team, our country and ourselves and realising you don’t have to be the best to be good enough!  Not everyone can be the winner.

Have a very great day BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: