Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 July 2018

Mirror mirror on the wall...


17th July 2018
Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn’t.



I often get lost inside my own thoughts, I like it there because I never think about negative stuff, I’m always looking for positives, solutions, good stuff, it’s one of the reasons I find mom so challenging at times because she can be so negative but anyway.  Yesterday this little beauty of a thought popped into my head;

If food was just like water and it all tasted the same and eating was like breathing, something we did automatically without thought and having no effect on our weight or wellbeing, what would you do with all those hours you spend thinking/worrying about what to eat and your weight problem?

I don’t have the answer by the way, I don’t like even the very thought of this possibility if I’m honest, I like thinking about food, eating it is one of my great pleasures, planning, shopping, cooking, eating, I just, love, love, love it and I know that comes with the constant challenge of controlling my weight (see I can’t call it a weight problem because I don’t see it as a problem, it’s just something I’m happy to do because the payoff of enjoying amazing food is worth it), and I’m okay with that.

I stood in Sainbury’s changing room yesterday trying on clothes and it has the surround sound mirrors, the ones I used to hate and be terrified to look in, not anymore, I love me these days, all of me, even the Buddha belly and the back fat those mirrors so kindly pointed out to me.  There was a time I would’ve left those changing rooms upset and miserable and promising myself I was going to do something about my weight.  Yesterday I left smiling, not thinking about any of that, just thinking, these trousers will be great for my days off and it’s my own fault I’m having to exchange because I can never find my receipts.

Yep, I have good eating days and bad, my body is my body and I take care of it as best as I’m able to on any given day depending on the circumstances of my life at that time, whilst all that’s going on, I’m not my own best friend, I refuse to beat myself up or give myself a hard time, I will always support myself as best as I can and smile at my reflection in the mirror.  Why, because I’ve worked hard on being in love with that person I see in the mirror, she’s been through so much and is still standing and I’m more BeYOUtiful that that mirror will ever be able to reflect and so are you! 

There’s enough to battle against out there, don’t add yourself to the list!

Today I will step on those scales, it won’t be a loss I’m sure, that’s okay it’s been a tough week and I went and did an online shop for delivery on Sunday morning, that wasn’t a very good idea because I can add stuff up to about half nine on the Saturday night which is what I did – oops, I now have a couple of high pointed things still left in my fridge because I got tempted throughout the day and distracted myself from moms mood by thinking about food – oops!  I have to laugh because even Ocado tried to warn me against one purchase, how clever is this; 



When I went to check out it asked me if I was sure I wanted the meal that was so high in calories and offered me an alternative, I remember thinking, wow that’s impressive, I love how they’ve told me how much extra exercise I’ll have to do to work it off, but I’m still having that one!  I know have a Charlie Bigham chicken tikka masala in the fridge that’s gonna cost me 24SP for a portion, the Jalfrezi was 14SP a portion, meh, it’s not like I’m going to have one every week, they’re too damn expensive and I only had this one because it was part of a meal deal, I ate the dessert from it yesterday, 17SP for a small dish of delicious, again I rarely have dessert so I ate it very, very slowly with a teaspoon, lush.

I’m going to leave you with that thought I had, here it is again because it is worth thinking about,

If food was just like water and it all tasted the same and eating was like breathing, something we did automatically without thought and having no effect on our weight or wellbeing, what would you do with all those hours you spend thinking/worrying about what to eat and your weight problem?

What do you spend your hours doing?  Are you time poor, are you wasting hours on things that don’t matter?  Only you know that BeYOUtiful, me I’m off to make another cuppa and some breakfast, thinking eggs, not had eggs for a few days.  Here’s to a very great day regardless of those around you and remember when you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror, reflections are often distorted by socially constructed ideas of ‘beauty’, trust me you are BeYOUtiful regardless of your weight!

No comments: