Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 July 2018

It's all good x

20th July 2018
Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.
Woken by a poorly mom this morning, let’s just say that was an interesting start to my day! Change of plans, had to cancel massage, I don’t want to leave her alone for long, poor love.

I’m just giving Alfie a quick whizz round the block, enjoying my music on my phone, I apologise to anyone who’s had to listen to me randomly singing as I walk past. I’m aware I sing in a flat C my brother kept telling me when he stayed the other week, I don’t care, it’s making me feel good. A quiet day ahead I think, I’m going to try and see if I can get mom to play a game of scrabble with me, I doubt she will but I can but try. I’ll cook me something nice for my dinner, she’s nil by mouth apart from fluids for the foreseeable, so I’ll eat it in the garden.

Anyway I’m out of conversation after this morning’s start, so I’ll just say enjoy your day, be thankful for what you have and for those you love. Life is precious and we’re blessed to have one.

Actually I was asked for a simple white sauce recipe last night so I may as well share it with all of you,

Simple white sauce
Total recipe 15SP, Serves 4 at 4SP or 3 at 5SP each

40g low fat spread (5SP)
40g plain flour (4SP)
450ml skimmed milk (6SP)
1 Bay leaf
 
Put all ingredients into a non-stick saucepan.  The mixture won’t look great with lumps of flour and low fat spread but it’ll be okay.

Place over a medium high heat and cook, stirring all the time.  As the sauce heats the flour and low fat spread will blend to give a smooth sauce.

Continue stirring until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.  Remove the bay leaf before using in your chosen recipe.

Great in a fish pie, or for lasagne sauce, add a bit of cheese for a cheese sauce.  You could add ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, 25g grated parmesan (4SP) and 40g of half fat mature cheese (3SP) for a delicious indulgent sauce. (total sauce 22SP)

No comments: