Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 26 July 2018

Gonna be a hot one they say!


26th July 2018
Life is a series of a thousands of tiny miracles.  Notice them.

When I was looking for a quote to use this morning, I thought the one I’ve used actually said ‘life is a series of thousands of tiny wrinkles’ and you know what, it actually is, maybe not thousands but definitely more than a few, when I got out of bed this morning and looked in the bathroom mirror through my tired eyes I noticed my face is full of them and I smiled because the ruddy red face staring back at me is happy with her looks, her life and herself, how many can say that?  I do wish we could all embrace our appearance, I’m not saying don’t strive to be healthier, happier, whatever it is you want, just don’t hate what you have as a starting point and realise you are BeYOUtiful now!  Its okay to work on a ‘new you’ but not because the old you is bad but because the old you can improve.

Anyway I’ve just heard on the radio today and tomorrow is going to be a ridiculously hot one in some parts of the country, my weather says potential rain and a storm, that’d be nice to water the plants and lawns a little.  Plus I've got a busy day with 5 meetings, it's one thing sitting in the garden in this sunshine, it's another when you've got to work in this heat. 

I’m really enjoying the meetings this week, it’s great to see the kids holidays haven’t meant members are staying away, it’s great that members realise these days that healthy isn’t seasonal, it isn’t a ‘new year’ or pre-Christmas thing, it’s continual and that’s why I’m seeing so much success, it’s also not a race.

So now to work out how to survive the summer!  That’ll be next week’s meetings I reckon.  For me cooking needs to be quick, I don’t want to spend any longer than I need to in the kitchen, so today I think we’ll have potato waffles, egg and peas, might even through in some roe. Nom nom.  It’s a great time of year to use that slow cooker too, throw in a whole chicken and leave it whilst you’re out so you come back to juicy, succulent chicken that you can make sandwiches from, or wrap potatoes in foil and put them on the top of the chicken and you’ll have jacket spuds to go with it.  I actually like microwaving baby potatoes these days, it works a dream and it’s quick – a few minutes in there and they’re cooked.

Or for a zero meal, what about a slow cooker zero chicken chilli, a couple of cans of beans, such as black beans, pinto beans, a can of sweetcorn, some diced onion, green pepper, a large spoonful of crushed garlic, either a couple of pounds of fresh tomatoes or a couple of cans then add some herbs – 3tbsp chilli powder, 2tbsp cumin, 1tbsp oregano, salt and pepper and chicken breasts.  Throw it all in the slow cooker, cook on low for about 8 hours.  Remove the chicken breasts and shred with a couple of forks then return to the chilli and stir well.   If you like your chilli hot, hot, you can always add a jalapeno or 2, finely diced.

This can be eaten with brown rice or on a jacket potato for extra points or no count, or you can eat it as it is.

If you’re a fan of the BBQ, get those chicken sausages from Penn Road butchers, he does the donor kebab meat too and you can get the usual steaks, chicken breasts etc, he even delivers if you spend a tenner so no walking round the supermarket.

There’s some good looking recipes in the new September issue of Weight Watchers mag, I fancy the baked curried beef and rice, mmm.

Anyway, I need to get ready for work, so much to do, so little time!  Here’s to a wonderful life and a very great day BeYOUtiful.





No comments: