Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 15 July 2018

I’m going to neglect myself for a couple of months!

15th July 2018
Be grateful for the small things, the big things and everything in-between.

Check me out, not even 7am and I’ve already walked Alfie and prepped dinner, oh yeah I’ve woke up feeling good, after a few mornings of feeling sickly, morning sickness without the sex is not a good thing!  Although sex followed by morning sickness makes me feel sick at the very thought, pregnant at 48, no thanks!

After a great meeting yesterday (lots of giggles – Karen you nearly tipped me over the edge!) I went for my massage, had half hour to pass so nipped to Essington fruit farm to get a couple of things I can only get there, I tasted a sample of a chicken and stuffing pie and it was tasty, so thought I’ll take mom a slice, I’m sure the price on the ticket said £2 something so I assumed it was a slice, I nearly died when she said £5.57!  I should’ve said no you’re alright but I was truly that shocked I just said ‘yeah okay’, it turned out it was £1.99 per 100g and let’s just say pastry is heavy.  That’s 60p per 100g more expensive than any pie in Waitrose!   Anyway it served its purpose, I got mom to eat something other than biscuits. 

Back to dinner I’ve prepped, I’ve taken my Bev’s Boozy Bangers (3SP) from Penn Road butchers, 10g St Agur cheese (2SP), 10 olives (1SP) and made meatballs with them chopped the olives and added into the sausage meat and popped a little cheese in the centre of the meatball, can’t wait to eat them.  Going to have them with spaghetti and roast onions.  Going to be a bit of a rebel and have my 60g spaghetti (6SP) in a bit of garlic butter, 10g is 3SP.  The meal will only cost me 12SP total as I’ll only have half the meatballs, will serve it with some greens of some sort, mmm roll on dinner time.  Might not have breakfast to make sure I’m proper hungry and have dinner early.   Here they are ready to cook.



We’ve talked about the impact you can have on your health in 28 days in my meetings this week, the things you can do to see results.  Remember they say it take 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, wouldn’t you like to see a difference?  Once you’ve made it through that first month, the second ones easier, that’s when your family and friends start to notice, by the third month the rest of the world catches on. 

Month one takes us to mid-August, the school summer holidays will be in full flow by then, you’ll be looking forward to them going back to school and when they do, you’ll be 2 months in and all the parents and teachers at the school gate will be noticing you stayed on track over the summer holidays, you didn’t think ‘meh, I’ll knock it on the head for summer’ then undone any good work you’d done so far this year.  After 3 months, we’re looking at mid-October, you’ll be feeling fabulous, everyone will be noticing and you’ll actually be looking forward to Christmas because you’re looking and feeling great. 

From what members have said in meetings this week, it’s doable, and the steps are all things we already know, they include;

Honest tracking
Planning (whatever that looks like in your world and it starts with your shopping)
Drinking more water
Moving a little more
Staying to your meetings or at least getting weighed
Watching your portions sizes - weighing and measuring
Being kind to yourself, enjoying the journey and not taking it all too seriously!

You can have a think and decide if there’s more to add to that list.

You can’t take time off from being you, so why would you think it’s okay to take time off taking care of you?  Think about it, when you say ‘I’m going to take a few months off’ what you actually mean is, “I’m going to neglect myself for a couple of months, stop taking care of myself and ignore my health”.  You wouldn’t do that to anyone you loved, your kids or family and friends so why the hell do you think it’s okay to do it to yourself!  Don’t forget those little people are like sponges, they take it all in so if they see you neglecting yourself, putting others first, they’ll think that’s the norm and they’ll grow up to be that way too.  Wouldn’t you prefer they grow up to love themselves enough to take care of themselves and make themselves a priority!

Today, we’re going to take ourselves BeYOUtiful, tomorrow we’re going to take care of ourselves, let’s (and this includes me), stop faffing about and making excuses and get on with this!

Here’s to a very great day…



No comments: