Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Su'ns up

3rd July 2018
I’m in a flip-flop state of mind.

Oh another hot day to follow a hot night, another afternoon spent in the garden, does life get any better than that.  I even left half my tea last night because I just wasn’t as hungry as I thought I would be, so now I’m contemplating having the leftovers for my breakfast, waste not and all that.

Working in this weather is a killer for so many, even doing day to day stuff, I drove to IKEA yesterday lunchtime and the car was so hot and it made me think of all those commuters, then I drove past lots of moms carrying their shopping and holding their little ones hand looking really uncomfortable.

I’m doing the bare minimum that I have to whilst it’s like this, I’m enjoying it when I can and thinking stuff will wait.  Although today I’m back at work and I think Tuesday night is the hottest venue of the all.  I’m doing a food cooking demo (yeah I know – DOH!) but thankfully the hot stuff will have been pre-done, we’re just going to get all creative in the meeting and put together the finished product.

I bought a couple of large houseplants a few months ago and I’ve enjoyed them so much when I went to IKEA yesterday I treated myself to more, 2 large ones, you can’t not for £9, you can pay that for a large bunch of flowers that’ll last a week if you’re lucky.  The large one I had from there last time almost takes care of itself, I love it.  I also bought some for my bedroom, an Aloe Vera and another succulent plus 3 little ones for the shelf on my wall.  I love the greenery it’s added, they’re also good for my mood, they make me smile and according to the internet the Aloe Vera Listed as one of NASA’s top air-improving plants, the fantastic Aloe works much like the Snake Plant – it emits oxygen at night, making for a more restful slumber. It’s also one of the easiest plants to grow and maintain – it tolerates ‘neglect’ well and so doesn’t require frequent watering.

Dubbed the ‘plant of immortality’ by the Egyptians, it reproduces easily so if you buy one you’ll soon have an Aloe plant for all the rooms in your house. You can even pass on the gift of happy sleep to your family and friends! Keep it on your bedroom window as it does need a lot of direct sunlight.  Guess what everyone’s getting for Christmas ;)

You can also use the gel from the Aloe Vera leaves as a topical treatment for minor cuts and burns, insect bites, dry skin and lots more! It’s simply a must-have plant in every home.
The only plant left on my to get list is a Spider Plant, according NASA tests showed it to remove around 90% of the potentially cancer-causing chemical formaldehyde from the air. Since formaldehyde is found in common household products like adhesives, grout and fillers, it’s a good idea to keep one of these plants around.  In addition to cleansing the air, it will also absorb odours and fumes as well as sustaining oxygen levels in the room, promoting better sleep.  I just wanted one because we had them as kids and they bring back memories.

I love the idea of knowing that in addition to these plants looking good they are powerful toxin eliminator and air purifiers plus they won’t make me fat as I can’t eat them!

Right I’m off, got some food prep to do for my meetings as well as all my usual morning tasks. 

Here’s to a very great day BeYOUtiful, taking care of you in every way.




No comments: