Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 14 June 2018

You hungry?

14th June 2018
The distance between your dreams and reality is called action.




I don’t know where yesterday went at all, it just whizzed by, before I knew it, it was time to go to work at half 4 and I had no idea where my day had gone.  I did manage to fit in a massage, trying to sort my knee out, not to much success sadly, so I’ve made an appointment for the docs, it’s not till the 25th though so hopefully I’ll sort it before then – fingers crossed.
I had a nice lunch, salmon burger with some lovely colourful veggies, then for my tea I had a packed of curry noodles, flashback to my youth but couldn’t resist them when I saw them in Poundstretcher, 4 packets for a pound, 9SP a pack, the noodles on their own would be 6SP so you could save 3SP by flavouring the packet yourself but I wanted the memory of curry noodles from when I was younger.  I used to love a packet with an egg on top, garden peas and bread.  I rarely eat that kind of food these days so felt better knowing I eat good food most of the time.

You’re challenge today is to eat only when you’re hungry, ask yourself ‘am I actually hungry’, don’t just snack for the sake of it or because it’s there, or worse still because you have points left.  We do so many things automatically without even thinking about it, sadly when it’s eating, that’s when the weight creeps on.

If you do get hungry between meals, grab a banana or some fruit of some kind, cut up some carrots sticks, don’t automatically opt for a bar or bag of something and if you’ve got a craving for something, try and make it a lower pointed version.

Try some new snacks, how about low fat cottage cheese and a sliced apple, this’ll give you fibre, protein and fat.  You could have a couple of tablespoons of houmous with carrot sticks or a bowl of low fat Greek yogurt and some blueberries.  I like Edamame beans, add a bit of salt and I’m happy for ten minutes.  Hard boiled eggs or cooked chicken breast are also a go to for me.  Just because it’s hot doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a cup of soup.  See snacks don’t have to come out of packets.

Eating only when you’re hungry is all very well and good but what about knowing when to STOP!   Watch a child eat, they seem to have it sussed, they don’t count calories or Smart Points, they listen to both their hunger and satiety cues and eat accordingly.   Paying attention is key, don’t wait until you’re starving and stop before you’re so full you can’t move!  Extremes are never a good thing.

My members are certainly doing well, over 10 stone was lost on my scales last night, that’s 650 stone this year – how fabulous is that.  Here’s to adding to that total today, I have a feeling they’ll be chicken on my plate today – I over ordered on my shopping list!  Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful. Let’s focus on the healthy & happy, I’m with you, together we will do this!



No comments: