Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Here's to a very great day!

26th June 2018
It’s a slow process but quitting won’t speed it up.


WOW, now this is what you call summer, even I ended up in the shade at one point yesterday, gorgeous day. 

Appointments done, the nurse did my smear, oh and I got 2 for the price of 1, a student nurse with her, well if they don’t learn they can’t do the job.  Out of curiosity I googled cervix – ew, I’m glad I wasn’t at that end, that’s all I’m saying.

I did have a giggle with the nurse after though, when I mentioned mom, the menopause, my knee, weight loss and alcohol.  I thought she was going to say something I didn’t want to hear, like ‘you need to drink less’ but she laughed and said, “No, I’m not going to tell a menopausal woman who’s caring for a mom with Alzheimer’s not to drink, I was just going to tell you the lowest calorie alcohol”.  Brilliant, just brilliant, someone who understands.

Thankfully I got a locum doctor for my knee, it’s exactly what I thought it was arthritic joints and I’ve had a flare up from when we did the garden and I painted the shed kneeling.  No cure at all, he gave me an exercise to strengthen the muscles about the knee but other than that it’s painkillers. 

What I’ve found helps a bit too is a bath in Epsom salts, I’ve just found a post that says, a 20 minute hot bath that contains a handful of Epsom salts and 10 drops of lavender essential oil and a half cup of baking soda draws out toxins, lowers stress-related hormones, and balances your pH levels. I’ve not tried the baking soda but I’m willing to give it a try.  Anything to lower stress related hormones ay!

Well I decided to get my eating back on a good day yesterday, I scanned things in my fridge and added them into my app on different days so I know what I’m having.  I froze the pizzas for another day and now I can stay on track(ish).


We had Weight Watchers spaghetti for lunch, I forgot how good that tastes, we had it with egg and chips so I only had a third of the can, might have the other third for my breakfast with egg on toast, mmm, 5SP but worth it.  Lunch is an 11SP risotto, but I can lower the points in that if I don’t eat the 20g packet of pumpkin seeds that’s with it, 3SP for 20g seeds, yeah I can live without them today, I might save them for breakfast another day, yogurt, fruit and seeds, nice.

My house smelt wonderful yesterday too, I love it when someone walks in and says ‘it smells nice in here’, I’d changed all the scentsy waxes on the morning and every time I went out and came back in, it was so fresh – tidy too!  If you’ve never tried Scentsy check it out https://fme.scentsy.co.uk/party/9362367/bevs-summer-surprise or if you need some new smells. 

Well another week of meetings begins, I do love the routine of my life, I’m not going to lie.  I also believe it’s keeping mom better for longer, I got talking to the receptionist at the doctors who’s husband got diagnosed around the same time as mom she’s having to leave her job this week as he’s getting worse.  We both agreed we don’t think about the future, it’s best not too. 
So thinking of today, I have some watermelon I’m looking forward to eating, I had some yesterday too, and it’s one fruit I really do enjoy, especially in this hot weather. 

Here’s to a very great day BeYOUtiful, enjoying the sunshine, focusing on the healthy and happy and enjoying the good in life.      



No comments: