Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 4 June 2018

Gonna make Monday matter!

4th June 2018
Happiness starts with you.  Not with your relationships, not with your job, not with your money, not with your circumstances, but with you.

 
Did you read your programme material?  Did you honestly track? How much water did you have?  It’s not easy is it, keeping on top of all the things you need to do, to get healthy and lose weight.  However the more you do it, the more it becomes a habit and automatic.  I’ve got a super difficult challenge for you today, its Monday after all, for some reason Monday isn’t the most popular day of the week, but I love it. 

Your challenge for today is to let go of negativity, focus on the positives all day long today.  It’s one of the best steps you can take to becoming a better version of you.  Negativity can hold you back in so many ways and from so much.  How many times have you heard or even said “It always happens to me!”, “If it’s going to go wrong, it will for me”, “I have the worst luck”, you get the gist.  Don’t say stuff like that, don’t create your own reality with your negative thoughts, instead focus on the positives.

I even did it with the pigeons yesterday, I stood in the garden and thought, “At least it’s only on 3 of the steps and not all 20”, there’s the positive on the situation. 

Let’s see if we can get through the day thinking good thoughts, focusing on the positives and smiling.  Practice gratitude, focus on the aspects of your life that you are thankful for, when you get the munchies later on today sat in front of the telly, grab a piece of paper or use your notes on your phone and start writing the things that you are grateful for in your life, every night you could add to that list.  Actually I’m going to do that on my phone, start a new sunshine & gratitude list, things that make me smile and things that I’m grateful for.  Then when I’m having a not so great day, I can look through the list.

Just for today, I challenge you not to complain about anything – this will be so difficult because we all complain!  Have a think for a minute – does it help? Nope, it has no use whatsoever, just gives us something to do.

And you’re not going to do it today but if you realise today that you are quite a negative person decide that tomorrow you will start to try and work out why.  Start to look deeper and ask yourself what’s causing you to be this way, is there something in your life you’d change, what’s bothering you?  How can you make changes to improve your life and make you happier and more positive?

Anyway back to food, are you still tracking honestly?  I did and it was 54SP, I know I’m over my weeklies but at least I’m tracking, it’s a start and I’ve much improved on what I have been eating.  I did indulge in a packet of Walkers cheese and onion but that was the only food that wasn’t ‘healthy’ yesterday, my breakfast was 10SP because I had avocado, eggs and tomato on toast.


For lunch I had Salmon fish cakes and chips (15SP), I’d rather have salmon fillet on its own to be honest, they weren’t brilliant.  Then for tea I just ate a pack of Satay chicken sticks (4SP) and the crisps.  White wine is 20SP for the bottle and it’s like pop, I won’t replace the one I drank from the fridge because they the ones I have won’t be chilled and I’ll resist them on a sunny day.   That’s called ‘sorting your surroundings’.  If it’s not there – you can’t eat / drink it!  I did enjoy some watermelon, need to get me some more of that and some satsumas. 

I’d already done my food shop before getting back on track so there are meals in the fridge that will be eaten this week, they’re all around the 13/14 mark so not too bad, just need to have zero breakfast, but I still have an avocado to use, suppose I could split it and hope the other half doesn’t go to mingy overnight, mmm we’ll see, it’s good for me so I’m not going to stress about being over my points by eating an avocado, it’s hardly a bar of Cadburys!
I’m on day 5 of honest tracking, which for me is brilliant, I actually feel like I can do this, I survived the weekend and stayed in control YAY!  I’m on -37 weeklies and that is me being completely honest, I reset my weigh day on the app to Thursday when I started honest tracking so that reset my weeklies, I popped my weight in there too, jumped on the scales in the meeting so we shall see this Thursday what a week of honest tracking does.

Here’s to making Monday matter, being positive and having a marvelous day BeYOUtiful, focus on the healthy and happen.


No comments: