Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 June 2018

#WW5kMyWay


10th June 2018
The only person you are destined to be is the person you decide to be.

Move more!  That’s today’s challenge, me and my WW tribe are going for a 5k walk round Willenhall Memorial Park (if you’re joining us, it’s Pinson Road WV13 2PW at noon today).  If you can’t be with us, you can do your 5k walk elsewhere, take a photo and tag me on Facebook or Instagram, remember to use the hashtags #WW5kMyWay #BevsWW, let’s all get moving more and enjoying this glorious day!  I’ve already been for a walk with Alfie, I’ve even got a line of washing out too.

My awesome brother Ian came to the rescue again and got my water feature up and running, we both ended up with a few cuts, bruises and scratches, one of my members came to help too - it’s a heavy piece of slate that’s for sure.  Now it just needs some rocks round the bottom to cover the black plastic stuff.  The water doesn’t come out as strongly as the photo on the website indicates and it was a lot more difficult to get in place than they’d have you believe but despite all that, I love it still.  I’d love it just as a piece of rock without the water, I just love slate.

The rest of the day was relaxed, after my delicious bacon toastie for breakfast it was half three before I even thought about food, I’d had a pot noodle in my meeting all week and I had to try it to remind myself they’re not all that, so I cooked it, tasted it, threw it away, I could definitely make a better one than that from real, fresh ingredients for half the points.
Instead for the same 16SP the king size pot noodle would’ve cost me I had asparagus & mozzarella ravioli with parmesan cheese and some black olives.

My mate Vicky’s coming round for breakfast this morning after she’s been exercising and before we do the walk – she’s younger than me, that’s all I’m saying!  I’m going to make us smoked salmon and scrambled eggs I think, or maybe a frittata, throw some spinach in it, mmm.  Or maybe this recipe my sister shared with me, it sounds so colourful.

Sunshine Frittata

Half dozen eggs,
Salt & pepper
Half dozen asparagus spears, cut into pieces
1 diced Onion
1 grated carrot
1 diced Yellow Pepper
Handful of spinach
Half dozen cherry tomatoes, sliced in half

Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper, you can cook this either in the oven or on the hob, browning under the grill if needed.

If using oven preheat to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and line your oven dish with a silicone sheet or some greaseproof paper (saves using oil).

Spray light a frying pan, add the diced onion, stir, the add the grated carrot and pepper, fry on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add the asparagus, followed by the spinach and cook for a couple more minutes.
If sticking with the hob, throw in the cherry tomatoes and pour in the egg mixture, cook through on low and brown under grill if needed. Or if in oven, put the veggies in your oven dish, top with tomatoes and pour in the egg mixture, put it in the oven for about 25 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. 
Enjoy, no points at all, it’ll keep for a few days in the fridge too.  Great cold for lunch.
You could put a bit of cheese on the top if you have points to spare, oh ma’an I’m hungry now!

Not sure what’s in the fridge will check when I go down and decide, you can’t beat something made with eggs and I know I have them.

I’ll see some of you in a few hours, otherwise catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful. Let’s focus on the healthy & happy, I’m with you, together we will do this




No comments: