Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 11 June 2018

Keep on moving anyway!


11th June 2018
Get on up when you're down, baby, take a good look around.

Never go to bed on an argument!  That may be true but isn’t always possible when the person arguing has Alzheimer’s, my wonderful day ended not so good.  I woke this morning feeling flat, I could hear mom moving about and I was still tired, it wasn’t even 5am.  I dragged myself out of my pit, went down and made us both a cuppa and got her medication.  Then turned my radio on as I waited for my computer to boot up and the song on there was ‘Keep on Movin’ by Five, the Universe sends me messages on way or another, this was where I tuned in;

Feels like I should be screaming
Trying to get it through to my friends
Sometimes it feels that life has no meaning
But I know things will be alright in the end

When the rainy days are dying
Gotta keep on, keep on trying
All the bees and birds are flying (ahh ahh ahh)
Never let go, gotta hold on in
Non-stop 'til the break of dawnin'
Keep on movin' don't stop rockin' (ahh ahh ahh)

Get on up when you're down
Baby, take a good look around
I know it's not much, but it's okay
Keep on moving anyway

Yep that’s what I’ll do, I’ll slap my happy face back on, I’ll draw a line under the bag of pom bears and 2 chocolate biscuits, bread and butter (at least I put sliced tomato on that!) I ate before I went to bed (eating my feelings) and I’ll try to convince her to come to the dentist today but if she doesn’t want to, I’ll just ring them and cancel, I’ve not got the energy for another battle.  She doesn’t like changes to her routine at all, even going for the walk yesterday through her out, bloody dementia SUCKS!

Before all that happened we’d had a lovely, lovely day.  Our 5k walk at lunchtime was truly enjoyable, yes my knee wasn’t impressed but it coped – use it or lose it, I reckon – I did my best to walk a bit with as many of my members as I could, I walked with ones husband for a little bit and it was lovely when he told me his wife had tried to lose weight many times and this was the first time she was succeeding, his words were, “you’ve worked for her”. 














Mom and I spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden and the summerhouse reading the papers and relaxing. 
 

I made the frittata on the morning, it was delicious, I had a smoked salmon, protein cheese and tomato sandwich for my dinner, not sure what I’m having today, gonna sit in my office and get some work done first, busy morning, Alfie’s being cut and then I’ve got the dentist later, Monday’s is my get stuff done day these days.

Right your challenge, mmm it was going to be Meat Free Monday, I don’t think I can challenge you to all your meals to be meat free, if you can great, but if not aim for 2 or even 1, just get some veggie food down your neck, it’s healthy, it’s delicious and it’s good for you.  I love egg and chips, they’re veggie.  I love a veggie burger too mmm.  I don’t even know what I’ve got in my fridge but I’m sure I can rustle something up.

Here’s to hoping today improves, she’s not woke up wonderful, happy days, wish me luck.  Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful. Let’s focus on the healthy & happy, I’m with you, together we will do this!




No comments: