Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 June 2018

When the things that excite us change ;)

22nd June 2018
Do something when you’re not quite ready to do them – that’s how you grow.


Fell asleep in my armchair last night then managed a sneaky lie in this morning till 6am, rock and roll me, plus apart from my meetings, yesterday wasn’t an easy day in my house but that was then and this is now and today will be a lovely day!  Plus the sun’s shining = bonus.

I’m still not properly awake I don’t think, my brains in go slow mode and to be honest I don’t want to speed it up, Alfie’s sat looking at me wanting a walk and will not move till I take him, he’s now jumping up me now, so apparently I either get to write the rest of my blog with him being a ballache or I go walk him then write when I get back.  I’m going to opt for the latter as then I might think of something inspirational when I get back and also not sit here wanting to murder him as now he’s whining like a bitch!

-------

See it’s amazing what a walk can do, giving your brain time to work. It reminded me of all the wonderful things that happened yesterday! I have to say one of those things absolutely made my day, my Sharon turned up to help yesterday morning with the money plant from her porch, she knows I want one and it’s the most amazing specimen and she’d had a chat with her husband and they’d agreed I could have it. I’m absolutely thrilled to bits, smiling like a Cheshire Cat as I’m walking and writing this, I can’t wait to repot it and get a nice pot for it to take pride of place in my living room.

Not quite as valuable but equally as nice a gesture was Elle dropping off some booklets I needed and a packet of Weight Watchers wraps too, how thoughtful was that, she knows we’re talking No Count and I fancy doing the odd day and the wraps are zero on a No Count day.

Wednesday one of my members dropped me round the most glorious smelling sweet peas from her garden, just amazing and yesterday another did a bit of shopping for me to save me going out my way to get stuff I can’t get from my own.

How kind are people and how lucky am I to be surrounded by such folk.

I sat in the garden with mom the other day, we weren’t out there long but I was in a reflective mood, thinking about what’s truly important in life, what are our simple pleasures. I’d got like this because I’d been reading a few FB posts that had saddened my heart, people disappointed or angered by their own behaviour over their eating habits. I’m all about the healthy weight loss but I also want people to enjoy life, to accept they aren’t perfect, that it’s okay to have slips and go out and enjoy themselves, making memories with their families and friends. Otherwise if we take the whole weight loss too seriously it consumes us and takes away our joy and that’s not healthy either. It’s not just our physical health we need to take care of it’s our mental health too

I asked mom “You’re coming up to your 80th birthday, what inner knowledge have you got to share - what’s important in life”, her response;
“Being yourself and being nice to people, oh and don’t keep worrying about everything. When you get up in a morning you should say it’s going to be a good day today and be confident”

My mom spend her life worrying, she spent her youth insecure and lacking in confidence, turns out it was a waste of energy!

I spent a great deal of my youth ill, or feeling like I didn’t fit in or angry because I was ill or not like other people.

Now I’m so glad I’m different, that I don’t fit the mould, that I embraced my quirks, my oddities, my differences. I’m grateful and blessed that my epilepsy was sorted and controlled in my teens and that my anger is an emotion I control pretty well, I use it as a release when necessary and needed but I don’t let it eat me up. These days I’m all about letting things go and laughing at myself when I talk stuff too seriously.

I’ll never be a skinny bird again I don’t think because one of life’s pleasures for me is food, last Friday when Lynne and I went for lunch, that starter we had, oh my days you’ve never seen two women get so excited over 2 sausages because they were pork, and yes I am chuckling as I type that, I’ve smiled every time I thought of the two of us going quiet apart from the mmm food noises we made as we both sat there and consumed our sausage like we’d never had one in our lives before! Truly comical, how times change as we age, there was a time many years ago when we’d have been out on the pull looking for a different type of sausage all together! Sadly not together as we didn’t know each other back then - oh the fun we would’ve had if we did! Not these days though these days we’re all about good company, giggles, good food and friendship, yeah I like getting older well accept for the pain, years ago the only pain was heartache these days every inch of me aches as I walk Alfie my knees clicking and my backs warning me “don’t worry I’m gearing up to hurt later, you’ve only just got out of bed give me an hour and the pain will kick back in”

I have rambled haven’t I. I’m not even going to go back and read it through to see if it makes sense because I don’t care if it does, I’ve smiled as I’ve wrote it and now I’m looking forward to my day of middle aged madness.

Enjoy your day too, wherever you are in your life because BeYOUtiful we only get one life, don’t waste it on the wrong emotions xx

Oh today’s challenge I almost forgot. At the end of today ask yourself how are you feeling, how was my day, was it

Insecure
Excited
Weird
Rejected
Meh
Happy
Stressed
Anxious
Heartbroken
Sad
Angry
Or pick another emotion


Then sit still and breathe deep for 30 seconds and then answer the question,

Why are you feeling ...... ? (Use the word you chose in the blank space.

Next answer the question, what about your day wasn’t ...... ? (Again use the word you chose to fill in the blank, acknowledge the good stuff).

Of course if you were lucky enough to choose happy don’t do the second question instead use that energy, write down a wish you want to come true. And a few things you’re grateful for.

I did this last night and it really helped, I plan to do it again tonight, I used an app on my phone, not had time to really take a look at it but I plan too. If you’re interested it’s call Happy Not Perfect
7 steps to reset your mindset: TV presenter Poppy Jamie wants you to be happy, not perfect.

Right we’re almost home and I have a cuppa to make. Catch ya tomorrow.




No comments: