Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Stop, breathe, think


20th June 2018

Your soul knows the answers - listen



Well I’ve just spent the first half hour of my day in the kitchen with a cup of tea sitting on the floor with ‘not my cat’ having a bit of love, s/he hasn’t been in the house for weeks, been quite offish, just ate and run, but this morning s/he’s moulted all over me and enjoyed the fuss.  I do wish s/he’d stand up to Alfie because they’d only have to do it once and they’d be okay around each other, Alfie only chases because they run!

Your challenge today is to find the opportunity to be in the now, to stop and just sit and stare or to concentrate on something you enjoy, we don’t take time out just to be, we’re always thinking what next, our routines shape our actions and behaviours.  Ponder for a few minutes what things in life do you enjoy, what are your pleasures, what qualities do you respect and look for in others, what would you miss most if your life changed dramatically tomorrow?  What do you appreciate most about your world?   Our attention gets directed in so many different ways and sometimes the things we focus our energy on aren’t worth it.  For a few minutes today, just be, just exist, even if you have to look yourself in the loo to get the quiet to do that.


Soooooo, yesterday I tried the burger in a bowl or fakeaway McDonalds as it’s also called and nah, it tasted nowt like a burger, but it was delicious once I added oxo cube to the mince to give it a bit of taste.  I find 5% beef mince a little tasteless without something added.  I enjoyed it then, so this is what I did,

Dry fried a large diced onion and pack of 5% beef mince in a frying pan, crumbling a couple of oxo’s over the mince as it cooked. 

Then I microwaved my stand n stuff tortilla’s and added the mince mixture, a bit of protein cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced gherkin and a bit of fat reduced Thousand Island dressing, it was delicious.  Two worked out at 11SP, using a quarter of the mince mixture in each one.

I had the leftover mince for my tea with new potatoes and sprouts.

Quick easy food and the stand n stuffs are on offer in Tesco and Co-op at the moment.

I’ve got quite a bit of work done this morning but if the weather doesn’t brighten up, I might have a play in the kitchen this afternoon and experiment, I fancy knocking together a chicken white bean chilli and a corned beef hash or a gammon hash might be good for a change.  The only chicken I have is in the freezer though, mmm how long does it take to defrost?

Anyways the longer I sit here, the longer I’m stuck in my office, so here’s to a good day, to being mindful of everything you do, being present in the moment and focusing on the good as well as they healthy and happy.





No comments: