Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Blue dot baby!



13th February 2018
The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been and the memories we’ve made along the way.

I had a very productive day yesterday, even got ahead of myself, I’ve already done my challenge for today,

Day 4 – 13th Feb – cook a good, hearty meal

There’s a big pan of beef stew sitting on my cooker to be enjoyed later. 

Yeah I don’t know where my little burst of energy came from but I walked the dog, went shopping, dentist, did the washing, hovered and mopped downstairs, cleaned the wetroom, the kitchen and then ironed!  Then I cooked honey and mustard chicken with mash and broccoli and the beef stew.  You impressed – I was, it’s what most people do day in, day out but not me, I can’t stand all that housework stuff.



Plus I stayed on track, it’s all on my app, I do believe I got myself a blue dot!  Go me!

Just as I was enjoying having a good day and being back in a positive place, Alzheimer’s reared its ugly head and without going into details, the day didn’t end as well as it’d started.   Fresh day, so hoping all is calm again this morning.

Just heard on the radio that today’s Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day, now I’ve never been a fan but I think mom is so I might pick up a bag of plain flour and have a go, although I have bought crepes when I did my shop in Waitrose yesterday, yeah check me out with my posh shop, they’ve sent me coupons again ain’t they, I saved over £20 in there yesterday.  Their meal deal is £20, starter, main, 2 sides, dessert and wine, there’s 4 meals in there for us because I will eat it all separately.  Mom enjoyed the dessert of course.

The pancakes and crepes from Waitrose to give you an idea of points of bought ones, the pancakes were 5sp each and the crepes were 7sp for two, plus the crepes were twice the size!

If you fancy having a go yourself, here’s a recipe, Smart Points per pancake will depend on which milk you use, how much you put in the pan per pancake, and how much oil you use.

Pancakes
makes 12 thin pancakes
125g plain flour (12sp)
1 egg and 1 yolk
300ml milk (skimmed = 4sp) (semi skimmed = 6sp) (whole = 8sp)

Sift 125g plain flour into a bowl and make a well in the middle. Whisk together one egg, one egg yolk and a little milk taken from the 300ml, then pour into the well. Whisk with a little of the flour.

Gradually whisk in half of the remaining milk, drawing in the rest of the flour a little at a time, to make a smooth batter. Stir in the remaining milk. Cover and leave to stand for about 30 minutes.

Heat the frying pan and brush with a little oil (or use spray light).  I’d use my Teflon pan liner to ensure it doesn’t stick.

Ladle two or three tablespoons of batter into the pan and tilt the pan so that the batter spreads out evenly over the bottom.

Cook the pancake over a medium-high heat for 45-60 seconds until small holes appear on the surface, the underside is lightly browned and the edge has started to curl. Loosen the pancake and turn it over by tossing or flipping it with a palette knife. Cook the other side for about 30 seconds until golden. Slide the pancake out of the pan.

Heat and lightly grease the pan again before making the next pancake. Serve the pancakes as they are made, or stack them on a plate and reheat before serving. (If the pancakes are hot when you stack them they will not stick together; there is no need to interleave them with greaseproof paper.)
If you've got the easy eggs (available in meetings) you can use them to make the 2 ingredient pancakes and so much more.

Another find I came across yesterday were these skinny wraps, I think I’ve had them before so they’re a re-find, anyway they are 3SP each if you’re a fan of wraps, look a decent size too.

Apparently 2 ingredient dough is the latest big thing, I’ve bought the self-raising flour and greek yogurt to give it a go, I just didn’t get round to it.   Apparently you can make so many things with this dough and on Instagram people have made bagels, calzones, pizza dough, pretzels, bread sticks, you name it, oh yes even cinnamon rolls?  Type #twoingredientdough into Instagram and see the results!  My Instagram is bev_ww https://www.instagram.com/bev_ww/  if you fancy following me and my food.


2 Ingredient Dough
1 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 cup of self-rising flour (Every 100g is 10sp)

Mix yoghurt and flour in a bowl until the mixture no longer sticks to your hands, adding more flour as needed, until the mixture is a dough.

On a floured counter, roll dough into shape/size desired. Brush with oil on both sides.
Cook in a pre-heated oven for 10-20 mins. For pizza it's recommended to put in oven about 10 mins before putting topping on.

Right time to go wash then go work, here’s to getting another blue dot on my app, I’ve even connected the Health app on my iphone to my WW app, it only counts the steps that I get when I have my phone on me but that’s more realistic as it’s when I’m out walking the dog as when I’m in the house, I’d leave it on the side, my housework earned me some FitPoints yesterday too, changing my habits a little bit at a time.

Have a great day, track your pancakes BeYOUtiful, you know it makes sense.


No comments: