Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunshine lists



28th January 2018
Focus on your why, not every week will be good but there will be some good in every week.

Another cracking week over in my meetings, we’ve mashed the 2k of pounds lost on my scales, an incredible year to date total of 148 stone.  Yep that’s just over 40 stone this week, 49 stone last week and 50 stone the week before, the remaining was the first week back after Christmas when some folk did lose weight.  As you can see the weight loss is slowing down a little but that’s to be expected, Weight Watchers Flex is designed for members to lose up to 2lb a week, any additional boost at the beginning is okay but once settled into the plan, ½-2lb a week is a good healthy speed at which to lose weight.  And we’re all about the healthy and the happy in my meetings, this week we’ve focused a lot on the happy side and it’s been wonderful watching my members chat to each other about the highlights of their days, the good stuff.  My 3 good things yesterday would be;

  • My weekly massage,
  • An unexpected, belated birthday gift
  • Coming home to find my sister had washed up for me


Isn’t it funny how some tasks seem mammoth, washing up is one such task in my head, I get up in the morning and just stare, thinking, I haven’t got the time, it’ll have to wait till I get back.  That one good gesture truly lifted me when I came home.

Had a couple of tasty meals yesterday, I finished off the teriyaki chicken for breakfast, had it in the last flatbread, that’s the thing about only having yourself to feed, everything comes in packets of 4 or 6 and I don’t want to be freezing bits of everything (I know moms here and I do feed her but she doesn’t always eat as much or the same things as me).



Lunch was something we did both enjoy though, giant 5sp crumpets soaked in egg then dry fried with a bit of WW cheese and topped on the plate with a dry fried egg -
we had that with mushrooms and onions, simple and delicious and very, very filling.

All of that was good, yesterday was good all round to be honest, and no negatives that I can think of at all, I like days like that. 

If you’ve got some time today why don’t you start a sunshine list, a list of things in your life that you’re grateful for, things that make your sun shine and make you happy.  Life is too good not to take time to acknowledge all the good stuff in our worlds.  Actually you know what I’m going to stop typing here and copy and paste a sunshine list I’ve just found on my computer, read it is you like or just go and start your own, I’m going to read it before I post this blog;

My Sunshine List
- Herons - I love them, I know lots of people don't, I know they eat your fish but they are just so majestic, every time I see one I smile, they lift my spirits instantly and I have a good day.  For that I am truly grateful.

- My mom - what can I say, I know she should have come before the herons! However loving and being grateful for the most important person in my life goes without saying - although it shouldn't and we should all tell those we love - how much we love them and often!  So go on, go tell someone you love them!

- Lucy - what a lovely little dog she is, she's bought so much love and laughter into our house with her playfulness.  Even now she's getting old she still manages to run crazy from room to room on occasion.  (this list was obviously written over 8 years ago as that’s how long it’s been since we lost her, Alfie would be on this list now of course, completely different personality, he’s the first dog I’ve reared myself from puppy and he’s a nightmare – but he’s my nightmare and I love him mostly!)

- My siblings - We may not have always got on but I love each and every one of my brothers and my sister, they helped to make me the person I am today.  Mostly because they picked on me ;-) no seriously, we are all so different and yet so alike.  Some I see more than others but I know if ever I was stuck, I could call anyone of them and they'd be there for me.  How lucky am I to be from a family with 5 children.

- My dad - although he's dead, I learnt a great deal from him, mainly what not to do!
He did make me realise we are all products of our environment and can't always help who we become, unless we try hard enough to change. 


- My friends - and baby do I have some really good ones, I'm not going to list them in case I miss one out (I only have a little brain!).  The beauty of getting older is you collect good friends along the way, you become mature enough to realise its ok to lose a few over the years, some friends need to be lost because they weren't very good friends to start with - other friends just move on with their lives.  I'm grateful for all of them because they've all helped me grow and added value to my life.

- My members - they make my work life amazing, I love to go to work every day, how many people get to say that.  They inspire me with their determination and make me feel warm and loved.  Thanks.

Less serious sunshine things (written in the order they spring to my mind!);
- donor kebabs (mmm - can't believe this was the first thing that came to mind!),
- red wine (double mmm),
- sunrises & sunsets,
- trees (I love trees, especially in winter when they shed their leaves &you can see the amazing branches),
- beaches, I love Pembroke shire
- mountains, can't beat Wales
- forests, Cannock Chase is fabulous
- spotting a deer in the woods when you’re out for a walk,
- taking a great photo,
- a good book,
- learning something new,
- getting a phone call or an email from an old friend,
- the smell of cut grass,
- my mom talking to herself in the bathroom when I'm trying to go to sleep,
- one of my mom’s brain numbing tales of what happened whilst she was walking the dog!  (Oh how I’d love to hear one of those again, she hasn’t walked the dog for over 12 months now
L)
- tarot cards (fascinating),
- reiki (relaxing),
- affirmations (motivating),
- quotes (inspiring),
- little toddlers (when they’re not crying - this will surprise most because I'm always shouting at them in meetings, but I do like them, just don't want one)
- a good massage or facial
- card making (I love to get creative and this is a new pastime)  (Haven’t done this for a long time)
- Whales - I've been obsessed with them since I was about 10 and got to see my first when I was in my 20's, in 2004 I finally achieved my ambition of seeing a Blue Whale - the most amazing sight of my life.
- My legs - you can't get very far without them!
- Cycling - can't beat racing down a hill at 30mph (as long as you don't fall off cos that hurts) (Been a long time since I did this too, life changes, it can change again)
- Getting a text from my brother Ian, cos it always makes me smile (he's silly!)
- Music - I love listening to my ipod
- A good movie
- A long, hot, bubble bath with a good book & glass of wine on a Sunday - can't be beaten for relaxation.
- A quick shower to wake you up on a Monday morning!
- A cup of tea - need I say more!
- A pint of lager on a hot summer’s day outside a pub when you've been for a walk along the canal.
- birdsong at 5am on a sunny day. Too early to get up but at least you can go back to sleep after you've cussed the birds for waking you!
- Squirrels - they're so cute to watch.
- Foxes - cunning but great survivors.  Natures a wonderful thing if you appreciate it.
- My car - I couldn't get to all the wonderful places I do without it.
- My job - that pays for all those wonderful journeys I make.
- My memories - life's nothing without them.
- Flowers - nothing brightens a room like a huge bunch of flowers.
- Chicken Chow Mein - now there's a take away!
- My bed - it's so comfortable.
- My curiosity - I love that I love to learn and try new things.
- Toast dripping with butter!
- The scales saying you weigh in at your goal weight (because you didn't eat the toast!)  (MMM maybe that’ll happen again one day!)
- Car stickers - some of them are really funny
- People who DON'T use their mobile phone whilst driving, as people who do are very silly and risking lives.
- People who DON'T drink and driver for the same reasons as above!
- Singing at the top my voice in my car - damn I sound good!
- fluffy white clouds in a pale blue sky.
- The moon when it’s full in a clear night sky.
- Smell of bacon sarnies (as requested by Katie)
- Susie (cat) for adding brightness to my day.  (She’s no longer with us either, but now I have the cat that’s not my cat to make me smile in a morning)

 Ain't life great when you stop and think about the wonderful things that make it so!  I'm going to add to my list now because I’m going to take the time to stop and think how my life has changed but how there are different things to make my sun shine and supply the good xx


Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a gift and not giving it. - Unknown
 Have a lovely day BeYOUtiful xx

No comments: