Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 14 January 2018

Slow cooker slop - scrumptious



14th January 2018
Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally, it some from what you do consistently.
Well I’ve been looking for a recipe for stewing beef on the internet for a good 20 minutes now and still can’t find one I fancy!  I’m going to make cottage pie today, boil some eggs and cook some chicken breasts so I have something to pick at in the fridge, but I have this beef I want to use, was thinking a slow cooked curry maybe, I’ll have a mooch in the kitchen to see what I have to use.  I do like that beef and broccoli you get in all you can eat Chinese buffets, might try and replicate that, but I think you’d need good steak for that, so I’m thinking beef curry.

Anyway, what an incredible week it’s been, yesterday saw another 100lb lost on my scales, taking the total for the week to over 50 stone lost and the total for 2018 to 823lb, over 58 stone, yes there wasn’t much lost that first week in January we were all returning back after Christmas and New Year celebrations.    

Susan also achieved her goal which is pretty incredible, as not only has she survived Christmas but also started as a Weight Watcher coach last week, our busiest time of year and she’s become a full time coach, truly thrown in at the deep end.  I’m impressed, I have to say and she’s lost over 4 stone too.

My slow cooker chicken and cannelloni beans worked out a treat, I added a bit of stock, a few sundried tomatoes (to use them up), a squirt of mustard and a teaspoon of agave syrup to sweeten in a little.  It looked a mess, but it tasted damn good.   

I’ve just remembered these two recipes both of which I have eaten and enjoyed in the past, I bet both could go in the slow cooker too.

Keema Concoction

2 sprays of ww oil spray                                          
350g pack of quorn/chicken or beef mince
1 bunch spring onion(s), chopped                        250g chopped mushrooms
1 yellow pepper, chopped                                       125 g cooked frozen peas
3 cloves garlic                                                            1 piece ginger, 2cm, fresh and grated
2 tablespoon curry powder                                      1/2 teaspoon cinnamon    
300ml vegetable stock using 1 oxo cube             2 tablespoon chutney, mango
                                                                                      

Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying-pan and add the mince, add the garlic, ginger and onion and stir, then add mushrooms, and peas stirring well. continue frying gently for approx 5 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further minute, then mix in the cinnamon.
Add the stock or water & chutney. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5- 10 minutes until cooked.

Beef Chilli Fry

200g frying steak cut into strips
1 onion sliced
200g tomato puree
2 heaped teaspoons curry powder
1 heaped teaspoon chilli powder
1 heaped teaspoon garam masala
1 beef oxo

Brown onion in spray oil.  Set aside.
Cook steak in spray oil.  Set aside.
Combine tomato puree, curry, chilli, garam masala & oxo in a pan with half a pint of water. 
Bring to a simmer stirring all the time.
Add beef & onions and cook through.

Note: Alternatively make with 300g chicken breast

Anyway, I could sit here at my desk all day, but I don’t want to, I plan to get in my kitchen and see what I can come up with, have a play and cook up something delicious for lunch.

Catch ya tomorrow, enjoy you day, I plan too.

No comments: