Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Making rookie errors!



9th January 2018
Glitter is always an option.


A very productive day yesterday, cleaned my kitchen, finally found my iron and now I have enough dresses to last me a very long time, so I won’t have to use that metal thing for a while.  Enjoyed a couple of hours on the afternoon chilling with mom – finding the work/life balance and loving it.  Last night I went to help Beth (the trainee coach I mentored) doing her very own meeting and what a fab, busy meeting it was too, lots and lots of new members, I was helping them sign up online so that they got the free month on the 3 month offer –bargain.  It was good to be a helper and be reminded of what mine do for me, day in, day out for which I’m super grateful because they make my meetings flow, without them I wouldn’t be able to do them at all.

I expected to be home before eight but because it was so busy and there was so much to do, it was nearer nine.  I was starving and I hadn’t prepared anything (rookie error), when I walked in the kitchen, moms biscuit tin had been left on the side (second big mistake), there was nothing healthy in the fridge for a quick sandwich (third mistake) and we all know how this ended.  Four Cadbury chocolate fingers later (5SP wasted) and 30g of cheddar (5sp) with a slice of bread (1sp), I’d just wasted 11sp.  I’d rather have had cheese on toast for the same points.  Lesson learned, this is going to be a different year, I’m make tweaks and re-learning along the way, going back to basics.

TO DO today – Sort my environment
1) Make a space in a cupboard or drawer to put moms biscuit tin out of sight.  Out of sight, can mean out of mind.  If I’d walked in last night and the tin hadn’t been there, I would never have thought about them.

2) Buy some cooked zero wafer thin chicken breast and hard boil some eggs for snacking on in hunger emergencies, wafer thin ham isn’t very high in Smart Points either.  Maybe make some zero pointed soup and have a tub in the fridge just in case.

3) Get a couple of urgent meals for when situations like this arise, or for when I want to eat, fancy something nom nom and don’t want to cook.  This will take some thought.  It might just mean thinking up a list of food I do love, like a fried egg sarnie – why didn’t I think to do that.  Yeah I’m going to start making a long list of things I enjoy to eat and have them written in a little book in my kitchen cupboard.

I do like broccoli soup and a colleague posted she’d made the one on the WW app and it was delicious, I need to go shopping for some fresh, healthy food I think, I will continue to use what’s in the freezer, but I need some veggies if I’m going to make soup.  Will write a list and go tomorrow, I’ve done well so far, it’s the 9th January and I’ve only spend £15 on food in 2018 – that’s incredible for me.

I enjoyed my meals yesterday, had potato cakes, eggs, bacon and mushrooms for breakfast for 6sp. 



Lunch was haddock and stir fry veggies.
Then I’ve already told you it went ugly afterward.  Still only used 28sp for the day, oh plus my skimmed milk – I’m guilty for forgetting to track the milk I use in my drinks, probably another 2 or 3sp.

Mmm, I just typed soup in my computer search and this one came up;

Bacon and white bean soup – 2sp

1 tsp olive oil (1sp)
2 lean smoked bacon medallions (1sp), chopped (I’m going to use the bacon medallions I have left)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
3 thyme sprigs
2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
850ml/1½ pints vegetable stock
2 tbsp chopped parsley
freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon,
garlic and onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the bacon begins to
brown and the onion softens.

Add the thyme and fry for a further minute. Add the beans and stock
to the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for
10 minutes.

Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend with the
parsley and pepper until smooth.

Return the soup to the pan and heat through, then ladle into 4 bowls
and serve immediately.


This way of using beans could work for me because they’ll be smooth and blended, it’s the texture I’m not a fan of.  I’ll let you know tomorrow, I have some kind of beans in the cupboard, they’ll do - whichever they are.

Right time to get ready for my meetings, looking forward to seeing how they’ve all done on their first week back on track in 2018.

Here’s to a more successful end to my day! 

No comments: