Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 21 January 2018

I'm 48 & I'm gonna feel great (if it kills me)

21st January 2018
A dream written down with a date becomes a goal.  A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan.  A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.

Okay after yesterday’s blog, after I let you all know everything isn’t always rosy in my world, I decided that I’m going to do everything in my power to make it as rosy as I can for the rest of the year. 

I’m forty eight and I’m going to feel great – that’s my goal for 2018.

I had a good day yesterday, my amazing helpers let me sound off for 20 minute whilst we set up, then I was good again, I’d offloaded and also was reminded throughout the morning everyone has their own crap to deal with and we’re all doing the best we can.

I remembered that I’m blessed to be surrounded by people who get me, they always manage to put the smile back on my face if I’m feeling low & the love back in my heart.  You see your vibe attracts your tribe, and when you find that tribe you should love them hard and be grateful for them.

I’m thankful for all of it, everything in my life, the highs and the lows because the lows make me appreciate the highs all the more and the highs make the lows easier to handle.  The setbacks that happen along the way should be treated as lessons to help us with the comebacks.  The hate should be ignored and make you appreciate the love even more.  Be thankful for everything because all of it together is your life and that’s the most precious thing, it’s the only thing you have really.

Getting deep there ain’t I, all philosophical and stuff. 

Yeah my life is already really good, I just need to remind myself of that on the low days, I also need to get Flexing with all my amazing members and losing weight so I feel great too. 

Today’s the last day of my birthday celebrations, we’re off out for a carvery and a few drinks but then I’ll be focused and I’m ready to embrace it from tomorrow morning.  

Yesterday was lovely too, cracking meeting as always, well over 5 stone to add to our running total, that’s 49 stone in total this week (686lb), the running total for the year is an incredible 1,508lb that’s almost 108 stone.  I’m seriously impressed with that, we’re smashing it!

Then I walked into the Chi rooms to have my massage and she said, “You’re popular someone’s paid for this week as well and another has bought you a gift voucher for the week after”.  I was WOW, so that’s 3 weeks now I won’t have to pay for my own massage, people are so generous and I was so touched not just at their generosity but the fact they’d gone out of their way to do such an act of kindness.

It was snowing when I came out and I thought there’s no way either of us are going to want to walk to the pub in this, instead I went to the Co-op for pizza and cans, we had a lovely night, chilling watching Russell Howard on the tele, laughing like fools and forgetting everything, including the fact we all need to lose some weight as we ate our delicious pizza.  And we were all ready for bed by 9 – hardcore that’s what we are, true rock and roll lifestyle.

As I said at the start of this blog, my goal for this year is to feel great at 48, now to break it down into steps and make that plan and back it up with action to make that goal a reality. 

I will weigh myself officially on Monday, that will be my true start weight, I will start week 4 of my journal with positivity and meal ideas, that’ll be my job Monday morning, and as my journal says at the end of week 3, ‘if you feel like quitting, remind yourself of why you started.  Always remind yourself why.

As I’ve told my members all week, I think January is a tough month to focus on weight loss, after Christmas we’re still surrounded by food, we’re trying to forget how it tasted, it’s cold, it’s dark, we’re low, we’re skint – heck it’s tough.  However members are doing it, so if you’re succeeding in January the rest of the year will be a breeze, if you’re struggling this month – things can only get better!  And they will if like me you decide to make that so.

Who’s with me?  Who’s up for making the coming week a great one, one filled with healthy choices, maybe a walk or two, you could try a new recipe.  Come on we can do this together.  I have members on different stages of their journeys proving it’s do-able, I’ve got members like Pam who’s celebrating another year at goal next week, members like Karen who’s a pound off ten stone or Julia who’s 3lb from goal.  I’ve got members who’ve only just started their journey and will be supported all the way by myself and those amazing members in my meetings.  Yeah let’s jump on board that weight loss wagon and be part of this success. 

I’m in – are you?




No comments: