Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 23 October 2017

You can't fool the scales!

23rd October 2017
A negative mind will never give you a positive life

How is it Monday morning again!  I had a great time yesterday at a training day with my colleagues, they even served us up Smart Pointed food for dinner, a bit of hassleback chicken and a 2sp Peach fool thing for dessert (nice too).  

Peach fool

This is a really creamy dessert which is surprisingly fresh and low in SmartPoints

Ingredients

  • 2 can(s), small Peaches in juice, drained
  • 150g Quark
  • 300g 0% fat natural Greek yogurt

Instructions

  • Puree the peaches until smooth.
  • Separately mix quark and yogurt together.
  • layer the puree and quark mixture into small glasses and add a swirl on top. Chill for at least an hour before serving.

Sadly it wasn’t enough to pull back all the damage I’ve been doing late and I’ve maintained this week, but I have gained 1.5lb over the last month – I expected more if I’m honest, so at least me being aware of what I’ve been doing has made a difference.  On a huge positive I’m still 3.5lb lighter than I was when my kitchen / wet room makeover began, so I personally am chuffed with that.  Plus after yesterday sitting inbetween two very ‘in the zone’ coaches who looked fantastic, I too am ready for business.  

My shopping came last night, my cupboards and fridge are full of food, any fresh veg I need on top I can nip and get, but I’m going to take some fish out the freezer this morning, I bought a few packs of Haddock (not the smoked kind) when they were on offer the other week and froze them, so time to see what I can do with it.  Eggs for breakfast I’m sure because you may not have realised but I like an egg ;)

Yeah it’s my only day off this week, well my only day at home all day, got an hour or two at my desk first so I’m going to use it wisely and get prepared for the week, look at what I have got going on in the cupboards and what I can make with them, this time next week, I will be telling you I’ve lost weight.

So haddock, I’m thinking roasted with tomatoes, potatoes, courgettes, that’s simple and nice.  I could take two lots out and make a fish pie or fish cakes for later in the week.  We shall see what takes my fancy when I’m in the kitchen.  Before that I need to get my meetings sorted for the week.

I might make a lentil curry today for eating tomorrow, yeah feel like having a play.  Then tomorrow I’ve got some meat being delivered by Penn Road butchers so I’ll maybe do a big stew and something with chicken.

See it’s all about the food, all about thinking forward and deciding you actually want to lose weight.  You don’t have to 100% know what you’re going to eat if you have healthy food at the ready in your house which I do.

I’m covering a meeting in Malvern on Wednesday morning, if I drive past Waitrose might nip in and pick me a couple of Tandoori sashlicks for my freezer, as I love them.

But for now, I’m going to get a wriggle on as I have a step stool to oil and food to cook, but first meeting to sort.

Here’s to an incredible Monday, remember your attitude dictates the outcome, sitting in a room full of passionate women helped me see that yesterday.



No comments: