Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 12 October 2017

National curry week - did you know?

12th October 2017
Everything is going to be okay in the end, if it’s not the end it’s not okay.




Well I made it through a day!  Instagram’d all my meals, https://www.instagram.com/bev_ww/ eggs and bacon for brekkie, for lunch I backed some haddock fillets with asparagus and a bit of chorizo and had that with brown rice, bulger wheat and quinoa – that was so good.  Then it just got better at tea time, I’d thrown some Asda’s cook from frozen chicken in the slow cooker with chopped onion and a jar of Asda’s Katsu curry sauce, had it with microwave chips was truly lush.  It’s national curry week this week and Katsu is Japanese, I have to say it’s one I particularly like because it’s a mild one, although the chicken in theirs is usually coated and fried, I didn’t do that, it’s the sauce I like more. Japanese curry is one of the most popular dishes in Japan, where people eat it an average of 62 times a year. Curry was first introduced to Japan by the British in the 1870s.  There you go a bit of a fact for you!

We had some great results in the meeting last night, Sharon lost 5.5lb, bringing her total to 19 in 5 weeks!  Just WOW!   What I love more is she’s spent so long taking care of everyone else and prioritising others that it’s just wonderful to see her putting herself and her needs at the top of the list.  We all need to do this, if you’re taking care of you, then you can do more for others – we can’t pour from an empty jug.



Having said that, I’ve got a crazy busy day ahead, in between my 5 meetings, I have a different kind of meeting in Dudley - I do plan to make sure I eat well though, salad todoy I think, tuna maybe, then I have the rest of that Katsu curry I could have for my tea. 



So national curry week – what’s your favourite, I need to try and see if I can replicate the Katsu one when I have some time, I might do the garlic chicken curry though as that’s a real nice WW one,



Garlic chicken curry

9sp per serving, serves 2

10 minutes prep time, plus marinating. Cook time 20 minutes



Small bunch fresh coriander

3 garlic cloves, crushed

2tsp garam masala

1tbsp mango chutney

2 x 125g skinless chicken breast fillets

1 tsp vegetable oil

1 onion, thinly sliced

400g tin chopped tomatoes

100g basmati rice

2 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yogurt



  • Cut most of the stalks from the coriander and set the leaves aside. Finely chop the stalks and mix with the garlic, garam masala, chutney and a pinch of salt to form a paste.
  • Using a sharp knife, cut small slashes in each chicken fillet then flatten them slightly. Spread over the paste and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
  • Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan or wok and fry the onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chicken and marinade and turn to coat in the onions. Fry for 6-8 minutes, turning the chicken and stirring regularly. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Chop the coriander leaves and stir half of them into the sauce.
  • Meanwhile cook the rice to pack instructions, and mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yogurt.
  • Serve the curry with the rice and coriander yogurt.

This is another one that you can just throw it all in the slow cooker and leave, definitely a goodie, need to put mango chutney on my shopping list though as I don’t have any.  Need to check my spices for garam masala too. 

What's your favourite curry?  Do you have a WW friendly recipe, if so send it to me please. 



I really enjoyed cooking yesterday even if it was quite basic and throw it in, I walked in my kitchen even though it’s not finished, I could see how it’s going to look and I smiled, it’s gonna be lovely when it’s all sorted.  I might even attempt putting a bit of paint on the walls over the weekend, maybe…



Right I’m off, bacon and egg sandwich today I think, can eat it on the go then if I’m running late, feeling healthier already J



Happy days BeYOUtiful, we got this.

No comments: