Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 14 October 2017

Be better...



14th October 2017
Stop aiming to be the best and simply aim to be better.

Think about it, once you’ve become the best – what next!  Do your best by all means but there’s only one thing harder than getting to the top and that’s staying there!  This is especially true for weight loss success, getting the weight off is one thing, keeping it off quite another and if put your efforts and success on too high a pedestal the fall will be awful!  Because once you get to the top of that mountain, it great to enjoy the view, but so many start slowly descending again. Lose the weight, feel great, get cocky, and regain weight.  Becoming a successful Weight Watcher doesn’t have an end, it’s a continual journey, once at goal the rules change but so much stays the same.

Life events will get in the way, feelings, emotions, hormones, situations, all of it, they’re like the hurdles in an obstacle race, however as long as each time you hit one, you ask yourself ‘What can I do here?’, you’ll come out triumphant. 

Don’t give yourself unrealistic expectations, these can cause you to give up before you even restart, so with that in mind, this morning and every morning, let me encourage you to stop aiming to be the best and simply aim to do your best.  When things aren’t going right, aim to be better, better than yesterday, better than last week. 

As you see your fantastic success, the achievements along the way, don’t get complacent, don’t get cocky and never give up because you don’t think success is achievable.  If you’re struggling, ask for help, reassess your long term and short term goals, but never, ever, ever stop setting those goals however small or however unreachable you feel they are. 

What can we do better today?

What are you going to do better today?

Today, I’m going to focus on me, well after half ten I am anyway, I did yesterday too, I was busy doing no a lot of much all morning yesterday and it was great, I got stuff done but at my own pace, played Candy Crush a bit, messed about, still got some jobs done but didn’t rush – I’ve rushed too much lately and it needed to calm down.  So today, I will enjoy my meeting, then my massage then I’ll go with the flow.  I made my chicken soup in the slow cooker that turned out well, today though I’m thinking maybe faggots, we’ll see what we fancy later.

Right Saturday, let’s have ya!  Enjoy your weekend BeYOUtiful, you know it makes sense.

No comments: