Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 2 May 2023

One Bank Holiday down, 2 more to go!

Tuesday 2nd May 2023
Enjoy every day.

I don't work Mondays anyway, but Bank Holiday Monday's mean there are the rest of my people in my house and I love it.  We had a great weekend, went out Saturday night and then chilled the rest of the weekend. 

Our date night was great, a lovely meal at Miller & Carter, 

 

I had my scallops for starter which I usually do wherever we eat, then we had the butchers block to share which meant I could let him have the bigger meal, which helped me keep my calories down a little, I was full anyway as I'd had me some wine. 

We were done by 8 because we could only get a table for 5.15!  Now I'd have been happy going home but no we ended up going back to our local for us to try the buckets we'd seen the day before, I only had one thankfully!  I opted for the blue one, I still can't believe people drink out of buckets and one after another - scary, there's over 400 calories in one of them and three drinks, see the ingredients below lol. 



 

We stayed till closing, I thankfully stopped drinking after that one bucket, otherwise I would've had the hangover of all hangovers, instead I was just tired, getting in after midnight is for young uns lol. 

Sunday became a true lazy day, true lazy, quick food, trying not to overindulge, fish, chips and peas from the freezer, it's emptying well the last week or two.  We watched tele all day and chilled. 


Yesterday, we started the day with a sausage, egg and tomato sandwich, a triple layer, 2 sausages, and it was over 800 calories, just shows how easy it is to pile those calories up doesn't it.  I put a lamb curry in the slow cooker which we had for dinner, I wasn't that hungry so only had a bit, was disappointed, it was supposed to be a Madras, I used Pataks jars but it wasn't hot at all and I'm a wuss so it really wasn't.  The lamb cooked lovely though, slow cookers really are the way to cook meat. 


Well it's weigh day, I started last Monday which was an on track day, then my week runs from Tuesday - Tuesday, I've managed 4 days under calories and 3 days over, I've set it for 1/2lb a week so I get a good amount to eat.  I've tracked 100% honestly, which isn't easy because you honestly don't want to admit the 2 custard creams you gave into or the extra 2 poppadoms you had because they were there!  

As you can see, I've just about survived over all, barely burned any calories, no swimming, not much moving at all, so we shall see what the results say, I lost 2lb last week which I didn't expect, so I'll take whatever the scales give me today and I'll do it with a smile because I did my best and I enjoyed my weekend. 

And we've got another Bank Holiday weekend ahead of us!  We're hoping to have a BBQ on Saturday but the forecast is rain at the minute and there's no fun in standing in the rain with a burger so we'll change our mind if that's the case. 

But first to get through the week ahead, I'm listening to the mad cats running round the house like loonies, I'm hoping Aryn is okay for school as he's had a bad tummy all weekend again, poor lad!  

Here's to saving some calories today, enjoying the huddles and making it to the end of Tuesday :) he'd bought food to take with him and I forgot to put it with the frozen stuff when he left yesterday - oops, so I've got a spare loaf I think I need to freeze to stop me living on bread all week, cos white toastie bread is really, really nice isn't it.  I can freeze the other stuff and he can take it next week, I might actually cook the spag bol for him that he had planned to make up for my boo boo, what a numpty I am, I can't even pass the blame because I said, 'everything's in that basket' DOH!

Right let's do this day, I'm ready for it, refreshed after chilling for two days,

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: