Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 16 May 2023

Anyone got a suitcase?

Tuesday 16th May 2023
Sunshine makes the day better.

I did go swimming yesterday, actually I was there an hour, I didn't swim for an hour, I probably nattered for 15 minutes easily, but at least I showed up, the fitbit tells me I burned 214 calories, which is better than sitting on my ass for that hour.  I actually did 84 active minutes over the day which is really good for me, so I'm pleased.  I was a little tight when I got up this morning which I'm gutted about because my pain was a little easier in my back/hip/leg this weekend but hey, it is what it is and I enjoy swimming so I don't want to not do it, plus they tell you to keep active. 

I came home and had me a lovely bath with bubbles and Epsom salts which is thought to help muscle pain and inflammation, I just like a bath and it's all worth a try.  

I cooked noodles for our tea, it was a box kit, the chilli paste gave it a bit of a kick, but I enjoyed it, we've had the kit a good while cos it was use by this month.


I also baked banana bread for Aryn to use up the bananas in the kitchen, he was impressed, it's got 2g of fibre in each slice too, so it is a little healthy.  I creamed the butter and sugar by hand, I'd forgot to take the butter out the fridge in advance too, so it took a good time, I'm surprised my arm don't ache this morning from that and swimming :)

  
Easy banana bread recipe - BBC Food

Yeah yesterday was a good day, I resisted the banana bread by the way, I had 1/2 slice of the crust just to taste, but I'm making these cakes for Aryn not for me, I can resist.  

If anyone has an old suitcase or two, I'm on the cadge, I want to take some stuff to my brother when we visit and my old ones are still there with him to bring back, I didn't need them for a long time did I. 

Yeah, as you may have worked out, we're going on our holidays soon, we booked it Sunday, after long consideration, we were waiting to get Aryn's passport initially, the his passport needed renewing, but when we checked on Sunday, because it's an Irish passport, he doesn't need the 3 months on it we need, he just needs it to be in date when he travels to Europe.  It's our first family holiday abroad, it's Aryn's first time abroad ever, so we're a bit excited here :) 

I can't believe how expensive flights have become since the last time I went, plus we have to go in the school holidays which ups the price considerably doesn't it, but we got a great deal with the villa so it's all good.  We're not far from my brothers house either so it's be great.  He knows the island so well, he'll take us to all the best places and make Aryn's first trip a real special one. 

Oh today's food....  I've got leftover gravy from Sunday so I'm defrosting some beef mince and I'm going to make a cottage pie type meal to use that up, it'll be delicious.  Toast for breakfast, maybe with eggs to keep me going till lunchtime, ooo but it's weigh day so maybe not :) 

My tracking has slipped again, so time to draw yet another line 
_______________________________________________

and start again.


Anyone else need to join me and draw a line, here, I'll draw it for you
_______________________________________________

Now you can start again too.

Let's enjoy this sunshine and have a great day.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx



No comments: