Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 18 May 2023

Neglect is not good!

Thursday 18th May 2023
Happy Thursday all. 

Reasons to be happy today!

You only have this Thursday ONCE!
You made it through Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!
Tomorrow is Friday!



Good morning, I wasn't going to blog today as I didn't really have anything worth sharing or saying, but then I realised that some of you would wonder why I hadn't blogged and also it's a bit like when you're trying to lose weight, you don't bother one day and before you know it, a month has passed and you haven't 'dieted' at all and you've gained 12lb.   Blogging helps me process my thoughts and my behaviours and my behaviour at the moment isn't too good.  

I'm not taking care of myself!  I've got lazy and lacks, I've stopped thinking about adding a vegetable to every meal, my skincare routine is at best once or twice a week, I used to do it twice a day and when I looked in the mirror yesterday to pluck a hair out of my chin, I could tell I wasn't cleansing, toning and moisturising - I will be doing it this morning as soon as I've finished this blog.  I've not tracked again so far this week, I know subconsciously I'm thinking ah I'm off on my holidays soon and it's too late to lose anything - ERM SERIOUSLY what a crock of crap, I could lose the 3 or 4lb I'm likely to gain whilst away so why not try.  But even more seriously, it's not just about losing weight, it's about eating good food to take care of my body.  


I've just eaten cheesy beans and egg on toast which I had no intention of tracking because I'm not taking care of myself, but I've just stopped typing and gone in the kitchen, opened my Nutracheck app and scanned the bread, eggs, I knew the cheese was 30g as it was an individually wrapped portion from an old Gousto recipe, no spread used (cos I'm on a diet NOT!) and it adds up to a ridiculous 569 calories.  I mean it's gonna keep me going till teatime probably, well it will now I'm giving myself a good talking too, if I wasn't typing this, I'd have eaten more later mindlessly and done myself no favours at all.

Yesterday was a busy day, I left the house at 8.20am and got back at 2.20pm, I started yesterday with beans on toast, then whilst I was out I nipped to McDonalds and used my rewards to have a big mac!  Once home I had a shower, followed by a couple of custard creams (I never do that - what the hell is going on!) for tea we had pie and chips, again WHAT, that's a treat now and then, not something I buy from Sainsbury's because they're on offer.   A few glasses of wine later on followed by a bag of Walkers cheese and onion, oh and it gets worse, I finished with a slice of banana bread spread with Nutella - seriously what is going on.

It needs to stop, I'm having a word with myself as I type, I wouldn't mind if I'd enjoyed any of it, but I didn't if I'm honest, I like fish, veggies and salads, why am I not eating it!  I'm gonna take some fish out the freezer when I've finished so I can have something healthier for dinner later. 

So for someone who hadn't got anything to blog about, I've not done bad have I!  If you're spiralling out of control with your eating, maybe put pen to paper yourself.  Come and get some support, you can't beat face to face support, long distance support doesn't work, I've got this app that I was eligible for via the NHS, she leaves me messages and articles and unless I open the app, I don't even have to read or watch her video.  To be honest I signed up initially out of curiousity and in the hope I'd gather information to share with our members, also thinking you never know, she might motivate me to sort myself out.  She's a lovely lady but it just isn't motivating me at all, Elle manages to do that in a minute with the odd sentence, you need the personal touch, you need to feel the person helping you cares and that they know a little about you and I can tell from some of the messages she hasn't listened or remembered things I've told her, I mean this week she's messaged me about my sleep (she obviously has seen what fitbit has logged, I do have varied sleep but it doesn't bother me at all, I sleep less some days and make up for it other days.    

Anyway, I need to get ready for work now, I'm looking forward to my day, love Thursdays, catching up with the Bloxwich crew.

Make the most of your day, go take care of yourself. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x




No comments: