Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 26 May 2023

So much success!

Friday 26th May 2023
The sun makes everything easier. 


It's Friday and there's nothing I HAVE to do, there's lots of things that need doing but you know what, they might still need doing tomorrow because I fancy a day of rest!  I'll potter about and do what I fancy, no pressure to get stuff done at all.

Yesterday was a busy day with 3 huddles, I've had a busy couple of weeks so I've earned a no to do list day.  

We had the curry last night for tea, not sure I'd buy that flavour spice tailor again but it was okay. 

 


I'm thinking a picky tea tonight, cook a chicken, have it with some garlic bread, maybe nip and get a bit of salad, well a lettuce as I have some cucumber, pepper, radish and spring onion left, yeah that'll be easy.

I'm going to have scrambled egg for breakfast on the last focaccia, I had the other one yesterday with bacon, they're very nice, but I won't buy again for a bit as it works out as quite a high calorie meal.   I made rock cakes for Aryn, I resisted them again, he really likes them, they don't last long.  Rock cakes recipe - BBC Food they're so easy to make too. 

The huddles were full of success yesterday, from Kevin getting his stone, only took him 6 weeks, he bought a 6 week pass for £24 and said he'd give us go and boy is he glad he did, he's ready for another pass now.  Next was Viv who hit her 2 stone, beyond pleased, she joined us full of doubt, having tried so many times with so many 'diets',  finally finding a way that works for her and allows her to live lift too.  Then Susan receiving her 2 1/2 stone and crying with joy, watching someone embrace their journey as she has is wonderful, she struggles with chronic pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis since she was a teenager, she amazing, walking and swimming despite the pain, puts me to shame!   Our Debbie got her 21lb which she's been fighting with those last few pounds for weeks but stayed strong, threw away her scales at home to stop her getting on and off them daily which has helped to change her mindset and it's obviously worked.  Finally a couple of 14lb certificates going to Jackie and Jan, just brilliant.  If I've missed anyone I'm sorry but so much success is just incredible and it's not just about the members that got certificates, it's about everyone who showed up and made themselves a priority.  

We're talking wins and smile moments this week and it really does make you feel more positive when you focus on them, all of the above go on my list from yesterday, as does Aryn, our chat when he gets back from school is always enjoyable, he tells me about his day, then disappears.  Watching him enjoy my rock cakes was a smile moment too.  Seeing him thrive at school and in life is a huge win.  Then there's the cats, they are a daily smile moment, even if they're noisy in the mornings, although they weren't too bad this morning, I was awake before they started running round.   An empty washing machine for a day was nice.  No snacking for me yesterday, my meals satisfied me so I didn't need anything and I wasn't tempted by anything.  3 or 4 times crunchies were mentioned but I resisted nipping to the shop to buy one! 

I'm sure there are many more things I could add to that list if I stopped and thought for longer but I'm ready for another cuppa because that first one was spot on (smile moment number 1).

Let's have a great day and focus on the good stuff, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me  


No comments: