Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Keep going - please x

Wednesday 10th May 2023
You're worth the extra effort.
I KNOW IT'S DIFFICULT!  Hell, I'm not the best at this weight loss lark but I'll never give up trying and I don't expect you to either.  Please be kind to yourself, do your best to take care of yourself and when you don't have a 'healthy eating' day, maybe because you're having fun or just having a tough day and falling into old habits of emotional eating - give yourself a break but DON'T GIVE UP!  

Surround yourself with like-minded people who get you and how you're feeling, everything is easier with support, staying away from your support group doesn't help at all.  

Now this is coming from someone who had pie and cheesy mash for tea last night, so I get it, I'm not angel, my reason for eating it had nothing to do with emotional eating or having fun, it was just in the freezer and needed using, but it should've served 4 and we shared it between the 2 of us!  818 in half a pie - ouch!  I've still tracked it, I'm over my calories on the day, but I was over a lot last week and I managed to lose 1/2lb yesterday.  If I wasn't tracking it, I'd be eating a whole lot more food, that's for sure because we pretend ignorance is bliss and it isn't that's for sure. 

Lesson learned there, don't buy huge pies when most of the time there's only 2 people in my house eating...

I need to go and do some shopping for salad and veggies, despite the damn weather, I need some salad in my life, I need more veggies in my diet than frozen peas and beans.  I'll do the freezer inventory later I think, work out what I have in the freezer and plan to use some of it over the rest of the week.  I cancelled my Gousto order because I believed I was getting 25% off for the last time, then they took the full amount out my bank and I couldn't afford it this week, I need diesel in my car today with that money.

I know I've got a leg of lamb from when they were on offer at Easter so I think I'll do a roast dinner on Sunday with all the trimmings.  We've got the last Gousto meal today, I froze the meat, so we're having chicken noodle something. 

We're talking fitness this week, movement if you don't like the word 'fitness' but if you think about it as everyone has a different level of 'fitness' and we're just trying to maintain or improve it, we can stop thinking about running a marathon or killing it at the gym.  At the minute I can't walk for longer than 20 minutes, I can't stand for 10 minutes, so I didn't enjoy putting together the meeting notes as you can imagine because I'm thinking, I can't do any of it can I.  But the truth is we can always do something, no matter how small and since my physio mentioned Rheumatoid Arthritis and I googled it, they all say keep mobile (easier said than done for sure).  Not one to give in easy, yesterday I decided if I can't walk for 20 minutes, I'd walk for 15 minutes, the weather was saying 'nah, you don't want to come out here', so I did this instead Beginner 1 Mile Walk | Walk at Home - YouTube it took 15 minutes in front of the tv, it hurt a bit but it wasn't agony and when I stopped so did the pain.  If I could try and do that every week day whilst Aryn is at school and himself is away, then it's got to help me somewhat hasn't it! 

Yeah, I may struggle but I'll never admit defeat and stop trying - my body is too important to me, what about you?

Let's make Wednesday the day where we get back to taking care of yourselves if you haven't been doing so.  Come and see us at one of our huddles and have a natter, let us re programme your thinking :) we're not magicians but we do understand how difficult it is.
Well that's enough of me on my soap box for one day, but seriously, please learn to love yourself enough to want to take care of yourself as much as you do others. 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x


No comments: