Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 May 2023

On our holidays!

Monday 29th May 2023

Start your week with positive vibes

Sat drinking my first cuppa tea in Corfu, it’s 6am Monday, we arrived at noon yesterday after a disappointing’ flight, why you ask?  Well, let me tell you, when I was attempting to book flights only 2 weeks ago, the prices were ridiculous, EasyJet wanted £600 each not including any baggage allowance not even hand luggage, then I spotted a news article on my computer as I opened a new tab to search again and it said British Airways were working out cheaper than the budget airlines for family holidays!  I was like “wow, really, let’s go check”. It got better not only were they cheaper but their business class was showing as cheaper than their economy class thanks to a promotion and I’ve never flown business class so now I’m really excited because we have posh seats, lots of baggage allowance and a hire Carole the same price as EasyJet wanted just for the flight. Why was it disappointing then?  Well the baggage drop off for starters, firstly let’s say I’m just relieved we made it as I’m aware that BA cancelled lots of flights Thursday and Friday because of technical difficulties and I’m not surprised. The machines are a joke, the one we used broke 3 times whilst we checked in our bags, in the end himself asked the one man who was doing everything and trying to keep everyone calm if he could do it manually as the machines weren’t working, which he did and he was lovely we agreed there should be a dozen of him and no machines.  I said him as the other two BA assistants I’d attempted to communicate with and ask for help were rude and either completely ignored me or muttered something as they walked away. 


Once through that bit and security we make our way to the “BA Lounge” = fancy!  Nah it isn’t, the lady (being polite there I am) on the entrance was abrupt like we were interrupting her day, but she let us in after checking our boarding passes.  I had a glass of milk and a couple of slices of cold toast as I was feeling a bit dicky stomached but they had some sausage, bacon and eggs which apparently were cold - that’s not good is it. 


Once at the boarding gate, you guessed it another of BAs staff was blunt and rude rather than helpful and again as we got in ‘line’ for our priority boarding - nah there was nothing priority or special about our treatment at all!


The images I’d looked at online for what to expect in business class was nothing like the real thing, we did get an empty seat in-between us so you have that bonus of not having someone’s elbow in your side all the way. 


Himself put the call attendant button on at one point and they responded over an hour later as we were about to disembark!  We did get food and a drink and you’ve guessed it, that was cold too, cold cup of tea is not good, Aryn waited a good half hour for a glass of pop by which time everyone had eaten, the plates had been collected and we still had to ask again for the pop. 


I got a lovely ‘builders bum’ view of the attendant as he bent down to get someone’s breakfast out the trolley - blue pants he had on - very classy contrast against his white shirt that wasn’t tucked in. 


No curtain to separate the business and first from economy, not that I cared but I wanted to pretend to be posh and rich just for one time lol. 


At least they said goodbye, have a nice holiday as we got off the plane I guess. I’ve done a lot of flying in my time and I can recall a great many better experiences. 


Regardless of all that, it was so wonderful to watch Aryn and his dad looking out the window together and discussing the view, Aryn took the flight in his stride, he had been on a plane once before when he was a kid from Ireland to England so you can never be sure, but he just pulled a blanket over his head and fell asleep till the food came. 




We got through the airport here pretty quickly, picked our car up and my brother was there waiting for us to take the two cases we’d got for him as there wouldn’t have been room in our hire care. We paid an extra €35 to have a Mercedes class A (I think) instead of the tiny one we’d booked so he was a bit happier about not having to drive a put put 😝


The drive to the villa is all along the coast road so glorious views of Corfu, plus Greece and Albania in the distance. We stopped at a shop for a few supplies to get us through the rest of the day, bread, butter, crisps, beer and arrived 5 minutes before the rents bloke - perfect. He was a lovely chap who showed us round what is a stunning villa in a glorious setting. Even better the hotel next door is empty as they’re having work done or it went out of business, either way the only noise around here is coming from us!  Oops!


An afternoon of testing out the pool, drinking a few cans before Terry and Alexis (bro and wife) left to go watch their football match. Aryn went to have an early night as he hadn’t even bothered going to bed Saturday night knowing we were getting up just after one. We had a couple of glasses of wine each from the bottle the owners had left for us, the only thing we’d forgot when shopping was loo roll and there wasn’t any here either so there had been a quick dash down the hill earlier in the day! 


We had an early night too which was even earlier as Greece is two hours ahead so we went to bed just after 9 which would’ve been 7 at home. I woke a good few times but managed to keep going back to sleep till 6 so I’ve had just shy of 7 hours according to my Fitbit, I also clocked up almost 10k steps, I did take my watch off when we were playing in pool so it could’ve been the 10k, I’m really pleased with that. I’m taking paracetamol and ibruprofen regularly as I want to dull the pain to enjoy this holiday and they are helping thankfully. 


My bro is taking us to Lidl’s this morning to stock up - damn I want some cheese, we got the munchies just before bed last night so with what we had I broke up some bacon slices into pieces and fried them, whisked 3 eggs and poured thst on top and put two slices of bread on top of that so it was like an omelette toastie sandwich thing - bloody delicious and I’d kept the sachet of salt and pepper off the plane which added a bit of flavour. He won’t ever pull his face at me collecting ‘free’ stuff again!  I also kept the 3 jars of jam from the plane we didn’t eat and I helped myself to a blanket (made exclusively for BA by the white company) compensation for the trauma of the builders bum 🤪


I’m really looking forward to this week, my brother will show Aryn a great time doing all the dare devil dick stuff with home we’re too wussy to do and he already knows where to do it so no research necessary by me. Bliss!


Here’s the villa with photos, it really doesn’t do the place justice either the downstairs is all open plan, I’d love a house like that. 

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gr/seaview-villa-leana-nisaki.en-gb.html?aid=304142&label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggI46AdIM1gEaFCIAQGYAQm4ARjIAQzYAQHoAQH4AQyIAgGoAgS4Aq_qg6MGwAIB0gIkZWI2ZTdmYmItZmFiMy00NDJiLWFjYTctOGE3Y2RlM2Y3M2Q42AIG4AIB&sid=08fbe73fd0715b9ebeb2611a2e8fe820&age=14;all_sr_blocks=891738301_359420248_3_0_0;checkin=2023-05-28;checkout=2023-06-04;dest_id=442733;dest_type=hotel;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=1;hapos=9;highlighted_blocks=891738301_359420248_3_0_0;hpos=9;matching_block_id=891738301_359420248_3_0_0;no_rooms=2;req_adults=2;req_age=14;req_children=1;room1=A;room2=A%2C14;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;sr_pri_blocks=891738301_359420248_3_0_0__108745;srepoch=1684075861;srpvid=65e5686ad4aa0299;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl 




Have a fab day, I’m going to 


mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: