Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 12 May 2023

Tasty ready meal!

Friday 12th May 2023
Enjoy the journey!

I really enjoyed yesterday, I love it when there's no drama in the day, I'm lucky to have a fab work wife and great members who make my work days enjoyable, oh and Elle and I sing like angels as we're listening to the radio lol, if Be Happy Owls fails, we can always become pop stars I'm sure :) 

Well I laughed at myself yesterday morning, I noticed an open bag of spinach in the fridge starting to go off, so I did something I once saw mom doing and had promised myself I'd never do, I sorted the leaves out, took the ones out that were turning and kept the good ones, so that made me think of mom and smile at the fact I'm turning into her a little bit at a time.  Then I thought, mmm spinach omelette, so I put the spinach in the frying pan to wilt, whilst I mixed together my eggs, then as I poured them into the pan, I just started laughing because if they could've spoken, they would've asked, "What are we supposed to be doing here with all this spinach?"  There was no way 2 eggs could cover all that spinach, they weren't even able to scramble, so I ended up with a plate of speckled egg hiding in spinach!  I couldn't eat all the spinach of course, but I gave it my best shot. 


I finally caved and tried a Greggs cheese and onion bake, never had one, enjoyed it but was gutted it wasn't hot, especially as I'd waited weeks to try.

This was amazing though, I'm not a big ready meal eater but when I saw this and it was reduced from £4 to £3.50, I thought mmm, I fancy that and it didn't disappoint, 573 calories of deliciousness. 


I'm going to have a go at making something similar myself for all of us, it can't be that difficult can it, chicken in a garlic white sauce with sliced potatoes on the top.  I think they'll enjoy it too.  I've just took chicken breasts out the freezer, hoping they defrost for me to cook today.  I fancy baking too, Aryn seemed to really enjoy the scones and I enjoyed making them, so I might do the same or make some rock cakes if I can be bothered to go get dried fruit and vanilla extract.  

Whatever I do today, I need to be able to listen to my audible book at the same time, the final book in the Seven Sisters (Lucinda Riley) came out yesterday, I've been re listening to the first 7 and I'm over halfway through book 7, can't wait to listen to book 8, so I won't be doing much that doesn't allow me to listen, not tv for me today.

I've just looked at the forecast and it's promising no rain till Monday, that'll be a novel change won't it!  Might be warm enough to get the BBQ out, we shall see, I bought reduced stuff in the week and froze it, so we have the food ready.  Be lovely to sit outside and enjoy some sunshine at some point! 

Right, I've just made me a mug of tea, so I'm going to enjoy that before Aryn gets up then I'll get dressed and drive him to school.  I'm hoping the gutter man will come this morning and fix my gutter so it doesn't sound like a waterfall when it rains! 

Enjoy your Friday.  

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 

No comments: