Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 22 May 2023

Damn those Doritos!

Monday 22nd May 2023
Sunshine makes everything feel better


What lovely weather we've had this weekend for a change, it makes such a difference doesn't it to how we feel.  

We treated ourselves to lunch out on Saturday at Warrens that was delicious!  This was my choice of food, starter was Goats cheese bon bon with tomato chutney and balsamic glaze, followed by Roast loin of pork, with grain mustard mash, broccoli, cider gravy and crackling - this was a huge portion, I even gave himself some of my pork and couldn't finish the mash, delicious though.

 


I don't usually have dessert but I do love a creme brulee and decided why not - we all left absolutely stuffed and satisfied.  I would definitely recommend the place for their food, would love to go back one of the evenings to try out the specials board. 

We spent our evening in the garden with the neighbours and their grandkids, even with that food, I would've been on track but NO he goes over the shop for doritos and salsa which I'm not even that fussed about but because they were there, I found myself picking at them, then when he left yesterday afternoon he didn't take them so you know what happened - I finished the packet!  

Sunday I managed to sleep till 8am which is awesome for me, just shy of 9 hours sleep - WOW, and last night I've had 8 1/2 hours going to bed early and sleeping till 5, waking to a message and call from my brother.

Foodwise yesterday, we started the day with a sausage and egg sandwich, there were two sausages left and I knew if I didn't use them in a meal, I'd eat them anyway, so I had them for my tea with onion gravy, potatoes and peas, I found some chicken in gravy in the freezer which Aryn had with his potatoes and peas.  I've just spotted some large fish fingers in freezer this morning so I'm thinking we can have them later maybe on a large cod with salad or roasted veggies.  

I've got a lot to get done today so don't want to be spending ages in the kitchen, although I did bake some rock cakes yesterday, I'm enjoying the baking and Aryn is enjoying the eating of them.  I managed to resist them completely - didn't even break a bit off lol, although I did lick the bowl :) 

Coco escaped into the garden twice yesterday, he's had a taste for it now!  If I thought he'd stay in the garden it would be okay but he run straight to the summerhouse and I don't want him behind there, it's not safe.  Little devil run me ragged trying to get him back in!

Looking forward to my week ahead, sunshine, great huddles with a topic we'll enjoy and something to look forward to this weekend, life is good, I just need to learn to control my eating and drinking habits lol.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: