Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 2 June 2021

What a difference a few months make!

Wednesday 2nd June 2021
Enjoy today!

I still find myself almost pinching myself, I can't believe the difference in how my world is and how I feel compared to the start of the year, back then I was truly exhausted for starters but let's not look back, I'm not going that way.  Now I am loving every little part of my life, I've got amazing friends, a new partnership, great members, a lovely little dog and time to relax, I've even got a house that's tidy, yeah you can see the floor in every room and the worktops in the kitchen!  

Life's good!

Yesterday's huddles were fab, it's so lovely to be able to just have a chat and a natter, we're going to arrange a few walks so we can enjoy some fresh air whilst walking and we're going to keep them local because there's plenty round here to look at and let's be honest when you're walking and talking, you're not really looking at the scenery so much.  

Alfie is getting used to being their too, he just lies on his bed most of the time, once he's cadged a couple of treats from Elle. The huddles are more relaxed because theirs two of us, we're able to chat more and enjoy them.  

I got on the scales 'officially', Elle will weigh me on a Tuesday and I'll weigh her Thursday, I'd maintained, even though it looked like I'd gained, I had clothes on and they'd have weighed the difference.  I'm really pleased with that, it's been 10 weeks since mom died and I've managed to lose 9  pounds in that time which I'm chuffed about because I have been on a 'holiday' in my head.

Now the sunshine has arrived, I'm happy to eat salads, yesterday I enjoyed a bit of toast for breakfast, I had these for lunch, they were simple and delicious; 


Hoisin beef tacos and salad, 365 calories and delicious, need to add taco shells to my shopping list, finally used the last one, they last a very long time, just been sitting in the bread bin but a few minutes in the oven and they're great and only 66 calories each, so good.  All I did was dry fry the mince and add a spoonful of hoisin sauce, don't get me wrong if I'd had spring onions they would've added a bit of niceness and diced tomatoes but I didn't have those things and it was just delicious.  It would work with sweet chilli sauce instead of hoisin too, or teriyaki sauce, mmm I love food.

For tea, I hard boiled the eggs that needed using and Alfie ate the yolks and I made a sandwich from the whites with a bit of lettuce and cucumber, later I had another butter with micro crinkle chips on, so I overdid the bread yesterday.  Today I'm going to cook a meal, I've already cubed the butternut squash, was going to make a risotto but don't have enough to do the recipe, unless I try and break it down and make a one portion option, mmm maybe, or use normal rice rather than risotto rice, mmm, how great is it that this is the biggest decision I have to make today.

I loved that huddle members who had really enjoyed the bank holiday weekend, didn't feel bad or guilty about it, they were came to share their wonderful weekends and agree they'd be getting back to eating a little healthier again this week, although some were off to enjoy the sunshine which included a meal together over the pub for two and tea and the in-laws for another.  This is real life, Tracey's off to her caravan, she's not going to be golden and that's okay, I've got my mates coming Friday, it's gonna be the first time this year, not counting when Chantel came just after mom passed but that doesn't count as I didn't entertain her, she came to comfort me lol and make my dinner :).  We're going to be having pizza and other niceness, so I'll eat healthier until then, drink a little less (honest) and make sure I'm all rested up so I don't fall asleep on them at 9pm!  

It's all about balance and enjoying life, this is the first time we've all been able to get out and enjoy each others company, the first time the suns really shone this year, no wonder we want to go out and have a good time, eat good food, drink and make memories.  

That's why I'm happy to lose weight a little at a time so that I enjoy the journey and that's what I advocate to others, if you do it slowly, you can trick your body and mind into not realising you're on a 'diet' as such.  The truth is when life's good, weight loss is easy, when life's not so good, life is so much harder.  We then tend to blame 'the plan' when in truth, all these so called plans and diets work if you follow them, it's just that we're not in the right place to follow them to the letter.  Our emotional state also affects our bodies which has an effect on our metabolism, the body is a complex thing and nutritional science seems to change constantly because they're always learning new things.  My advice, listen to your body, give yourself a break and enjoy the journey.

On that note, I'm off to work out what to do with my squash, to make a bit of breakfast and a cup of coffee, fill my water because that's the one thing I have realised I need to up, especially in this weather, then I'm going to do a bit of housework before the weather heats up, although it's forecast a bit of rain later on.  

Have a great day, take care of you and enjoy life x

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: