Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 10 June 2021

Happy Owls website to be updated!

Thursday 10th June 2021
Will it be easy? NO!  Worth it? Absolutely 


I forgot to tell you, somehow I managed to lose 1/2lb on Tuesday when I was weighed - woo hoo!  When you think about the indulging I did over the weekend, it was a tiny miracle, but I was improved before and after.

Not had the best night, what with the heat, the dog waking me up to go out, the foxes, my aches and pains, but I've have managed some sleep, so it's all good, plenty of water today and protein and I'll be right. 

Speaking of water, I drank pints and pints yesterday, it's amazing how much easier I find it to drink water if I use a straw.  Don't forget though when they recommend anything up to 9 glasses a day, that's 250ml glasses, not pints!  In the UK, the Eatwell Guide suggests you should aim for 6-8 glasses of water and other liquids each day to replace normal water loss – around 1.2 to 1.5 litres. Water, lower fat milk and sugar-free drinks, including tea and coffee, all count.  

Food wise, I didn't do too badly, 
I did murder my egg as you can see but this plate of food was still tasty, high at 400 calories for breakfast, but worth it.  

I made a sandwich out of a piece of the frittata from yesterday, it worked and again around 400 calories. 

now these were a little more disappointing, I like chicken wings A LOT, but I hadn't spotted 'spicy' written on the box, they were supposed to be 177 calories per 1/4 box, there's about 2/3rds on that plate, but that included using 2 tbsp oil to cook in and coat in the sachet of sauces, I didn't do either, so saved 248 calories on leaving out the the oil alone!  

now I love cold coffee!  But I ordered the wrong one (wasn't great with paying attention here was I!) this was 154 calories for a 220ml tub, I could've had red wine for that!  & Guess what?  I did have a glass, I fancied one and I really enjoyed it, only one with a slice of bread and butter and a chunk of cheese, nom nom.  My entire day was just shy of 1800 calories but according to my fitbit app I used 2121 calories / was active for 51 minutes and managed 7117 steps.  I was sat down for a few hours on the morning on a brilliant training session with https://www.chatterboxlearning.co.uk/ was lucky to get the place as she needed a few people to make the numbers up. 

I enjoyed a lovely bath too before settling down to watch a daft film and America's Got Talent.  I went to bed at 10 but I didn't go straight to sleep, I was up and down opening and closing the windows, the noise coming in bothers me, so I have to shut them even though it's cooler, when I get home tonight, I'll go up and open all the windows for a couple of hours before I go to bed, see if that helps. 

We've been so busy with our Huddles, that we'd completely ignored my old Happy Owls website that had lots of recipes and old success stories on there, well I've had an email asking me to remove any reference to WW so if you try to access anything, it won't be there, we will update it as soon as we can using calories.  



But not today, today Elle and I shall be enjoying chatting with our Huddle members and enjoying life, whilst doing our best to stay below our calorie intake and heading towards a weight loss but paying attention to everything we eat and drink, because there's no such thing as free / zero foods, everything counts.   Here's a great example that was posted on Facebook yesterday;




I'll leave you with this thought....


If what you've done in the past, hasn't worked or lasted, how about trying something different!  Become your own experts like our members are, they are making changes that work for them, then they don't have to rely on a 'system' to keep them going.  This is just a few of them celebrating from the last seven days.  


Ooo another day beginning with T, shall we do Tracking Thursday too?  

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: