Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 16 June 2021

Lost 2lb didn't I!

Wednesday 16th June 2021 
The way you speak to yourself matters.



Another great day at the huddles yesterday, lots of smiles and success, it's just so lovely to be in a room having a natter with others and enjoying being at work again.  It was my weigh day and I lost 2lb so I was really chuffed, now to keep it going, I wanted half stone by the next bank holiday so 5lb to go!   

I nipped to B&Q but it was too hot to walk round and concentrate with a mask on, just horrid, I once again have a crazy kind of respect for all the NHS workers and all workers to be fair who are having to wear them all day long, I can't wait to be rid of them, they're stopping me shopping as there's no pleasure in it at all when you can't breathe properly.

I then did a live video in our Be Happy Owls Huddle private facebook group whilst I made my lunch which was cauliflower cheese and pulled pork.  I made my own white sauce and wanted to show how easy it was, I used 

450ml skimmed milk 153 calories 
40g low fat spread 136 calories 
40g flour (I usually use plain but only had self raising and it worked fine) 141 calories 

Total calories 430, feeds 4 at 107.5 calories 

Put it all in a pan together and stir constantly whilst it heats up to boiling then turn down to medium until it thickens. 

To make it into a cheese sauce, I added tsp dijon mustard (9 cals), 60g cheddar (250 calories) and 20g parmesan (83 cals), 

I made two cauliflower cheese, one large one that will be a complete meal and the one below which I had with sweet bbq pulled pork, 40g of cheddar was enough to cover both dishes.  There's also a portion of cheese sauce left which I might have on a bowl of pasta as a meal too.  Oh and a large portion of cauliflower is only 35 calories so you can afford to spend all those calories on a delicious cheese sauces. 


I'd rather have the pulled pork without the sauce if I'm honest it was a little too sweet, although it would be nice with a bit of hoisin on it, a lot of calories in that small portion, over 300. 
 

I had a simple tea though, so it all balanced out in the end. 

The paint samples I got from B&Q aren't what I want, the one is a too dark, the other is the virtually same colour as the plaster which made me smile, I don't want walls the colour of the plaster it is now!  I can see me ending up with magnolia!  I'd got the idea of a white with a hint of brown, but meh after a few months when it starts to get dirty, it'll be like magnolia anyway won't it. 

Another hot day ahead, I've got a zoom with V this morning and a trip to the vets, so I better get going and get ready for my day.  Here's to a great day, Wednesday already and halfway through June, absolutely crazy! 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x





No comments: