Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 20 June 2021

La Dolce Far Niente

Sunday, 20th June 2021
Find your happy place and spend more time there. 

Yesterday was another great day, cracking morning at the huddle, over 60lb lost on our scales and a really great chat had by all, I love it when you go to start the meeting and they're all so engrossed in their chatting they don't shut up.  

Alfie's got himself a Saturday routine, as soon as we get back, he won't come in the house until he gets a walk, so that's what we did, he took me to my sisters, so we had 20 minutes there, before continuing his walk so it was well after noon by the time we got back and I wanted a chicken dinner, so I got started on that, but I was already hungry, which mean I grabbed a ham sandwich.  

My 'diet' could've been better thought through and planned but it wasn't, I've realised because Terry's coming Tuesday and we'll be having some takeouts, in my head I'd already gone into 'holiday' mode.  I'll knock that on the head for the next few days, today is Chicken Chow mein for dinner, I've also got leftover new potatoes, so gonna do something with some of them for breakfast I think, I'm wishing I had bacon as I'd fry the two together, but I can have them with eggs instead.  

After eating too much before my dinner and whilst putting it out, I ended up leaving half of it on the plate, then enjoyed an afternoon snooze.  Watched a film on Netflix, Fatherhood with Kevin Hart, I love him and it didn't disappoint.  

Bed by half 9, didn't think I'd sleep because of my nap, but hell yes I did, it's now 6am, raining outside and I'm in my happy place.  I love my home, I'm gonna love it even more in a few weeks time if all goes to plan, Terry gets here and all my work gets finished, can't wait to see all the thoughts in my head become real. 

What to do today?  Well I'm start it with our weekly huddle zoom, they'll be a dog walk hopefully, depending on weather and Alfie's mood.  I'll do the chow mein as a live video I think, then I can see me doing mostly nothing for the rest of the day, perfect day again. 

I enjoy doing nothing!  There are so many people who struggle with this concept, how many out there are working themselves to the bone either to pay for stuff they could maybe do without or to save for a future that might never happen.  Don't get me wrong, it's great working and saving for your future, but don't forget to enjoy the present.  

I remember reading Eat, pray, love years ago and in it someone said something about how we work really hard all week so we can lounge about in our pj's all weekend and watch others living life on tv, whereas Italians have the art of doing nothing down! They call it 'La Dolce Far Niente' literally translated 'sweet doing nothing'.  You can't beat it, just enjoying sitting and watching the trees through the front window, the birds in my garden, listening to my dog snoring, I love it. 

I know feel the need to go to Italy! 

 
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  

I'll leave you with that thought....

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

True Words

carol johnson said...

True words