Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 June 2021

The silence is about to be shattered :)

Tuesday 22nd June 2021
Other things may change, but we start and end with family.


YAY, today's the day my bro arrives, I'm really looking forward to seeing him, I've tried not to get excited in case, for whatever reason, he couldn't get here, but covid test past, he's set to fly in this afternoon for 10 days of self isolation at my house with nothing to do but my 'jobs' (mwah ha ha).  Joking aside, I'm so looking forward to seeing him, it's been so damn long, I'm getting emotional just thinking about it, he didn't get to say goodbye to mom, although I think we both knew the last time he did see her was likely to be just that!  We will celebrate her life on July 6th, her birthday and laugh and cry together no doubt.

He's only gone and broke his foot!  He's been working with a broken foot for about 4 months and he finally got it xrayed yesterday when he went for his covid test, if you will fall off roof's what can you expect!  he's still doing my jobs, we'll put a bin bag over that boot whilst he's working in the garden!  


He called me yesterday afternoon and caught me watching Mamma Mia 2 and having a little cry at the end, I'd just done both films back to back, love them and they remind me of mom.  He soon cheered me up, not that I'm sad, was just having a mom moment, so many happy memories thankfully that I let them squash out the horrid dementia ones. 

My fitted cupboards in the back bedroom are almost complete, he came last night, he just has to do the 'caulking' which is that white stuff round the edges apparently :) they look great and they're gonna hold a lot of stuff!  That's what I can be doing over the next week whilst my bro's working doing stuff.  

Food wise, I ended up having trout yesterday with the rest of the potatoes and peas, I love trout, haven't had it for ages and my lovely sis got me some from Aldi, it was so good!

I added a few more recipes to our https://www.behappyowls.com/blog website, you can sign up to the blog/recipes so that you get notified when a new one is posted, I think that's what happens anyway lol, it's all new to me!  If you've ever made a recipe I've posted and it's not on there, remind me of it so I can find it and upload or if you have an awesome recipe that needs to be shared, I'll credit check you on it of course. 

Alfie and I enjoyed two walks yesterday, the second was on the park over Bloxwich after I collected his ear drops, I thought it was the least I could do as I knew he was gonna hate me all afternoon because I had to give him a bath, he does not like getting wet and to let me know, as soon as he escaped he ran round jumping on the guest bed soaking wet!  Little shih tzu!

Got huddles at Stubby Lane  today, bro should arrive between the two, so I'll leave him for a couple of hours to catch his breath.  

Looking forward to a very, very good day and possibly a KFC later depending on what he fancies as his first meal of his stay! 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x



No comments: