Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 3 June 2021

Cos a curry in this weather makes sense!

Thursday 3rd June 2021
Invest in yourself, it pays the best interest.


I was a busy bird yesterday, the sunshine definitely gives me energy and obviously having my freedom back means I'm able to do things without thinking.  Alfie and I had a shortish walk, then I got back and cleaned the living room windows, then cleaned out two kitchen cupboards (the last two I hadn't done) all the sauces and spices, that's always the interesting one, where I find stuff that I think 'why did I buy that?'  Once I'd done that and a load of washing, I drove to Westwoods butchers in Great Wyrley to get me some beef on bone to make a curry which I'll do today once my shopping has been delivered or if it's too late I'll do in morning, I'll share the recipe with you too at the weekend, not sure I've shared this one before but it's epic and the recipe that finally makes me proud to say I can finally cook a curry.  I sat for a bit in the garden looking at the fence panels and decided to start painting them, four panels later and sweating like a bitch, I decided to stop and have a shower.  I didn't want to overdo it and hurt my back again, trying to be a grown up! 

I managed over 11k steps but it says I was only active for 11 minutes, erm I beg to differ!  Just goes to show, you know your body better sometimes that a gadget attached to your wrist.  

I had beans on toast for breakfast which was delicious, followed by liver and onions for tea which beat me, I left some because I'd had a bit of bread dunking it in the gravy which was epic.  The mash had come out the freezer, leftovers from another day and yes mash is just as good out the freezer, I defrosted it first in microwave before heating it up.  The gravy was from the freezer too, it was the leftovers from the meal Chantel had cooked for me back in April and it was bloody epic on that liver, which Alfie helped me eat! 

It was about 5 when I finally sat down, did a bit of work, then watched a movie on Prime called Black or White which was enjoyable. I'd also finished another audiobook which I definitely recommend, especially if you're the sort of person that lives thinking 'what if' a lot or has regrets.  It's called The Midnight Garden by Matt Haig, yeah I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'd started it a couple of times over the last few months but didn't get past the first chapter because my head was all over the place and I couldn't concentrate, I'm so glad I tried again and also truly grateful to the mom of a friend who said to me back when I was 17, 'if you're gonna regret it, don't do it', because that's been my mantra all my life, I can honestly say I don't live with thoughts like, 'I wished I'd.....'

What to read next?  Maybe the huddle Facebook group could start a book club?  Mmm, I like that idea a lot.

Another day of huddles at Bloxwich, it's great to be enjoying going to work again, I have said many times over the last year that I could happily be a lady of leisure if it was financially possible and I could but I do enjoy getting to see all these wonderful people and supporting them on their journey, it's a damn good job and it's even better with Elle as my partner because we've always got that constant support.  In the past we were scared to be ill or need time off for holidays because we couldn't get cover, now as long as we don't want to go together, this is never going to be an issue.  

I don't want to sound smug but life is good right now, I think I've earned it to be fair, don't get me wrong, more income would be good but I'd rather be on a real tight budget and have this life than not.

Hope you're getting to enjoy this sunshine, surviving the half term, here's to another lovely, sunny day. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: