Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 11 June 2021

I am a very Happy Owl!

Friday 11th June 2021
Find happiness in simple things.


I have taken life one day at a time for so long now because of mom's illness, it helped me get through the days, it enabled me to be able to survive those tough times.  Now, I'm actually still doing it but it's not a survival mechanism now, it's so I can enjoy each and every day for what it is.  I don't want to think about the future, I want to enjoy the now, because the now is so damn good. 

How I got to this point involved a lot of difficult decisions, scary moments, concern for my future and really tough days, but I made it and I'm grateful to every person that held me up and helped me through.  

As I filled in my Happy Owls journal yesterday, I got to the bottom of the page, where it says, 'Today's 3 good things' and I wrote, "Everything about today was good! #NOBADSTUFF!" and that was the best feeling because I genuinely feel like me again, the me that existed before Alzheimer's/dementia did it's worst on moms and my life for all those years.  I'm so glad I'm not a thinker/dweller because I don't think about the past and what it was like in detail, as that would destroy my joy now.  

Okay, so why was yesterday all good, well the huddles were brill, just lovely seeing people and meeting new people too, that's an added bonus.  Working as partners is great too as it means we can have a good natter with people and not just 'weigh them'.  

Foodwise, I skipped breakfast, just had a couple of spoons of yogurt.  Then for lunch, I had a mozzarella salad with a focaccia bun (total 450 calories) the buns from Sainsbury's were delicious for 130 calories; 
For dinner I really enjoyed egg, chips and beans with a slice of bread and butter, a whooping 658 calories but damn it was good.  I had half hour in the garden with a glass of wine before setting in front of the tele to watch Greys Anatomy and Station 19.  Yeah life is good, I'm living my happy life and it's so good, I'm trying not to be smug because I know so many people out there are struggling as I was, but me not being happy won't help them will it.

Today's menu, mmm, I've defrosted a back of beef mince which was a whoopsie, Alfie and I will share it as it was cheaper than dog food :) I'm gonna make a square burger to go on a focaccia bun and I'll have with salad, nom nom.  Thinking something with rice for tea, oh hold on I have a savoy cabbage and a cauliflower that need using, so I'm going to have a think what I can do with them, it's Friday, a day off, so I can go experiment maybe.  We shall see.

I was a rebel last night, I stayed up till half ten, but I've managed a better night, seven and a half hours, I'll take that, I ended my day on 1785 calories and according to Fitbit I earned 2250, I'm not in a rush for weight loss, I want to enjoy the journey, fool my body, I'm not willing to kill it at the gym, neither me or my body would like that, I'll just get more active in my day to day life, a walk here and there, more housework and gardening kind of active.  Oh and a bit of yoga thrown in for good measure, you've got to enjoy what you do for it to work. 

On that note, I've drunk my big glass of water, I think I'll have a cuppa now!  Enjoy your day, try and take yourself 15 minutes for you to do something that you enjoy.

Mwah luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: