Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 21 June 2021

Happy Summer Solstice

Monday 21st June 2021
The week is yours - own it!


Wide awake since 3am, enough said!  It's Summer Solstice, so summer has 'officially' begun, let's hope it's a sunny one full of fun and laughter, shame we're not out of 'lockdown' completely, we may as well be from photos I've seen on Facebook, so many people already behaving as if we are, yet it's costing a fortune to get my brother here because of having to pay for tests and expensive flights!  

Moving on, can't change those things so no point giving them my time and attention, we had a lovely chat on zoom yesterday morning, got to talking about tinned tuna because everyone seems to have some in their cupboard and what you can use it for other than the usual pasta bake, although I've not had one of those in a very long time, I do like a tuna melt though, not had one of those for a while either, so it's on my 'to eat' list now.  We did find this recipe that looks delicious https://downshiftology.com/recipes/baked-tuna-meatballs/



I later cooked my chicken chow mein on a live in our facebook group, such an easy recipe, I always add more soy sauce than it says to because I like a stronger flavour Chicken Chow Mein (behappyowls.com) it was very filling too, the dog ate the chicken and I got the noodles!  He does that when I have a takeaway too.

For breakfast, I'd used up some of the cooked new potatoes, cut them into smaller pieces, added a bit of butter to a frying pan, threw them in with a couple of diced spring onions, yellow pepper and a few slices of salami cut up, really tasty topped with a fried egg.  Today I'm going to make corned beef hash with the leftovers. Corned Beef Hash (behappyowls.com) 

I've enjoyed cooking from scratch again and realising it doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming, those noodles took 20 minutes max, the breakfast probably less than that.  

My last quiet day today for a few weeks hopefully, I'll get my tidy on this morning and have a clear up, get some work done and after being awake at stupid o'clock, I'll be having an early night! 

Diet wise, it's going to be a few weeks of damage limitation, I'm okay with that, I'll call this time my summer holiday lol, I have not holiday plans for the foreseeable so why not. 

Here's to a cracking good week, busy huddles, happy members and more sunshine than rain. 

Mwah, luv ya 

love me x

No comments: