Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 6 June 2021

Stop waiting till tomorrow...

Sunday 6th June 2021
If not now - WHEN!



Seriously, stop putting it off till we're out of lockdown, till we've enjoyed our first summer of freedom, till after the holiday, till after our birthday, till..... blah blah blah.  There will always be a reason NOT to start, but remember, if you keep putting it off, it may end up being too late - we're not here forever you know!

The thing is there's never a really good time to start because the truth is we should never stop trying.  I got on the scales 'official first weigh in' last Tuesday, knowing full well I was having friends over Friday and Chantel staying the weekend, but that still left 4 days of the week where I could eat a little healthier and drink a little less.  It also meant I have enjoyed the last few days but not had 'sod it' syndrome, I've not eaten stuff just because it was there or because 'I'm starting Monday...' no I am now in a place where I do what I can when I can to be as healthy and happy as I'm able to be and I have to say for me it's working.  

I'll never be 'dieter of the week' or skinny but I could win 'smiler of the week' or 'best relationship with food' as it's no longer the enemy, it hasn't been for a very, long time.  

The same with activity, I see the stuff that has to be done like housework, decorating, gardening as a chance to burn some calories, instead of being 'on a diet', I'm working on living a healthy, happy life with the support of likeminded people, speaking of which I need to arrange that walk we've been talking about all week.  

I was very, very delicate yesterday morning, learnt my lesson there, I'm used to drinking but not the sun, the dehydration and the extra drink and I don't like headaches nor hangovers, they're not for me.  Yesterday was a much more civilised day.  Our members and Elle were very lovely with me, I loved that a few were pleased to see me in that way, not from spite but because they loved that I'd finally been able to let my hair down and have a good time after years of not doing it.  I have never had a group of friends over like that EVER!  I used to have Lynne come and stay but even that had to stop as mom got worse, so yeah I loved that they got that and were happy for me.   I HAVE THE BEST TRIBE, I really do, I'm truly pleased to know so many amazing, incredible individuals and to be able to see them on a weekly basis in one place, how great is that. 

Yeah, back to yesterday, we chilled all day, enjoyed some wine, curry, binge watched The Pact, but had to keep pausing it to natter and watched the final of the Masked Dancer, bed at 10.30 which is still a little hardcore for me, I've managed to sleep till 6 thankfully because today I have a pork dinner to make, a zoom huddle this morning and another day of chilling, the weathers drizzly so no fence painting today, although I wouldn't have with Chantel here anyway, they'll still be there next week won't they.

I'm thinking croissant and coffee for breakfast, pork dinner with loads of veggies and whatever the mood takes us for tea, not forgetting a bit of fresh air with Alfie when he wakes up bless him, he's shattered and done nowt.  The challenge for this week for all our members has been to try and up their activity a little, just add 500 steps a day as every little bit counts and we could all benefit from a little more movement. 

We got to watch the fox cubs running round my front garden last night, they're so cute, they really are, Alfie wasn't impressed, I wouldn't let him out to get them!  I'm not usually awake at that time so haven't been seeing them, although the other night they were out at 8ish whilst it was still broad daylight! 

That's me this morning, I need another cuppa, I'm being quiet because Chantel's still asleep and she needs it as she doesn't sleep well but I know she's had a few hours as I woke at 2 and again at 4 before waking at 6 and heard her light sleep purr, we won't say snore cos that makes you think of those noisy snores and it wasn't one of them :) 

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you've got planned.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx


No comments: